Senior Data Scientist
In-person - Walnut Creek, CA (Bay-Area).
Gridware is on a mission to create a future without wildland fires. We’re a startup building hardware and software that monitors the power grid to prevent and detect faults that lead to wildfire ignition. (More about Gridware below).
To make that happen, we’re currently looking for a senior data scientist with deep experience working with high frequency physical sensor data. You will design, implement, and help productionize multi-modal fault classification and prediction models that operate on resource-constrained edge compute systems.
Why do we need you?
Gridware's core product relies on robust models to detect and predict the types of physical fault phenomena that can lead to a grid outage or wildfire ignition. Using a plethora of data sources, ranging from experiments at our physical test site to sensors deployed on real distribution grids, we centrally fit models that are then deployed to unique inference and learning environments. To continuously improve our product performance and innovate on the data challenges, we're looking for a creative scientist with a strong track record in execution.
- Design, analyze, test classifiers and predictors that extract insight from our system's observations of grid infrastructure and its interactions with the environment
- Collaborate with experimental scientists in designing physical or data experiments to direct data collection
- Help establish+execute DS workflows and best practices for individual and team projects
- Work closely with our world-class engineering team to minimize and productionize models
- 4+ years of professional experience as a data scientist
- B.S. in data science, computer science, mathematics, or statistics
- Experience working with high frequency time-series data originating from physical sensors; e.g. audio, electrocardiogram, electroencephalography, motion, etc.
- Strong fundamentals in machine learning, statistics, sampling, and data fundamentals
- Familiarity with standard tooling, environments, and languages such as pytorch, tensorflow, git, linux, SQL, python, etc.
- A passion for working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on development and testing
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and able to perform duties without supervision
Although we do not require candidates to submit a cover letter, candidates who wish to have their application stand out are invited to write a cover letter outlining one or all of the following things in a bullet-point format:
- Why you are interested in joining Gridware
- What skills you have that makes you the perfect candidate for this role
We offer competitive benefits that help employees to thrive and grow. These benefits include:
- An attractive salary with bonus plan
- Health insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Stock option plan
We are a mission-driven team passionate about saving lives and creating a future without wildfires.
Save Lives Everyday, Everywhere
Prevent catastrophic failures by building a highly adaptable platform capable of answering any question about critical infrastructure.
What we do
We provide a full-stack (hardware + firmware + software) solution for real-time monitoring of America's power distribution grid. Our low-cost hardware platforms are deployed to power poles, where they
- detect and predict faults that lead to wildfire ignition or outages
- expedite repairs during power outages
Gridware’s technology is designed to unlock essential values for other adjacent verticals. Our unique positioning allows us to solve some of the world’s most burning challenges - from helping policy makers make data-driven infrastructure decisions to helping farmers overcome micro-climate challenges. While others turn a blind eye to these aged and highly-regulated industries, we at Gridware believe it’s our duty to find win-for-all scenarios that lead to a prosperous future for coming generations.
Gridware is a privately-held company with funding from major investors such as:
Gridware is an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Gridware is located in Walnut Creek, California.
Something looks off?