Senior 3D Artist - Generalist
Play basketball in virtual reality
Senior 3D Artist - Generalist
About the role
Gym Class VR is the #1 most played sports game in virtual reality, and #1 best rated game on the Meta Quest platform. Millions of players download GC to play basketball with friends around the world, break a sweat, and compete to become a star.
As a Senior 3D Artist for Gym Class you’ll be driving the creation of virtual assets which include both assets for avatars and environments. You’ll collaborate with our co-founders, artists, animators, content creators, backend and Unity engineers, and web designers across a wide variety of features.
The company is backed by top technology and sports investors, including Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Y Combinator, National Basketball Association (NBA), the Golden State Warriors, and top player-investors like Kevin Durant, Danny Green, Zaza Pachulia, Andre Iguodala, and Lonzo Ball.
Join Gym Class if you’d like to work at the frontier of social gaming and virtual reality, love to ship company-critical work, get energized from the feedback of a hungry community, and want to grow your career alongside a world-class team.
- Shipping: Has shipped 3D assets on high quality games and/or VR experiences with a large consumer base
- Collaboration: Collaborates with stakeholders to develop task lists to ensure assignments are progressing in alignment with schedules, milestones, roadmaps, and individual project goals
- 3D Assets - The Art:
- Create high quality 3D models for characters, accessories, props and clothing, and environments. These models will be taken through the modeling, texturing, and high to low poly baking pipeline
- Responsible for asset setup and look development in Unity game engine - this includes setting up models, materials, textures, and shaders
- Rigging and skin weight painting for avatar customization
- Manage draw-calls, batching, texture memory, and GPU and CPU limitations
- Create high quality stills and assets to be used in marketing, content drops, in-game UI, and video edits
- Maintain artistic unity across the game from reference images and concepts to the final art in the game engine
- Validate your work on device and review with stakeholders (Oculus VR Headset + in the Unity editor)
- Strong in Autodesk Maya, Adobe Substance, and Unity (Proficiency in these tools is a must have)
- Ability to create both realistic and stylized assets
- Proficient in character skinning and weight painting
- Comfortable with managing scene budgets, draw calls, and performance profiling
- Strong in Physically Based Rendering (PBR) workflows
- Experience with Unity render pipelines
- Familiarity with Unity shaders and materials
- Familiarity with Unity lighting and lighting methods
- Experience with rigging and skin weight painting
- Has a strong portfolio showcasing topology, texturing, material look development, environments, and props
PAY AND BENEFITS
Salary ranges may be inclusive of several career levels and will be narrowed during the interview process based on a number of factors, including the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and location. Additional benefits for this role include: equity; and medical, dental, and vision benefits.
About Gym Class - by IRL Studios
Gym Class is the most popular sports experience in virtual reality - and the best way to play basketball with people from all over the world. Make friends, break a sweat, and become a superstar.
The app is a breakout hit on Quest. With millions of downloads, it's now the #1 most played virtual reality sports game, and #1 best rated experience in the Quest Store.
The company is backed by the world's top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Y Combinator, the National Basketball Association (NBA), the Golden State Warriors, and top player-investors like Kevin Durant, Danny Green, Zaza Pachulia, Andre Iguodala, and Lonzo Ball.