About the role
Gym Class VR is the #1 most played sports game in virtual reality, and #1 best rated game on the Meta Quest platform. Millions of players download GC to play basketball with friends around the world, break a sweat, and compete to become a star.
As the Community Manager at Gym Class, you will be the driving force behind nurturing and growing our vibrant VR community. Your role will encompass leading our community programs, setting key performance metrics, and devising strategies to foster engagement and expansion. You will serve as a mentor and collaborator for our community developers and helpers, ensuring their success in supporting our community's needs.
The company is backed by top technology and sports investors, including Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Y Combinator, National Basketball Association (NBA), the Golden State Warriors, and top player-investors like Kevin Durant, Danny Green, Zaza Pachulia, Andre Iguodala, and Lonzo Ball.
Join Gym Class if you’d like to work at the frontier of social gaming and virtual reality, love to ship company-critical work, get energized from the feedback of a hungry community, and want to grow your career alongside a world-class team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Take the lead in managing and advancing the Gym Class VR community programs, including coaching, tournaments, ticketing, challenges, and events.
- Define key metrics for community engagement and growth, devising strategies to achieve and exceed these goals.
- Cultivate a thriving and active community on Discord, focusing on engagement, retention, and continuous improvement of the user experience.
- Provide coaching and support to community members, helping them enhance their skills and engagement within the Gym Class ecosystem.
- Oversee community tournaments, ensuring smooth execution and a positive experience for participants.
- Collaborate with the community developers and helpers, offering guidance and mentorship to ensure their contributions align with community goals.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Proven experience in community management, with a track record of successfully developing and growing engaged communities.
- Deep familiarity with Discord platforms, tools, and strategies for fostering engagement and managing communities.
- Active involvement in the Gym Class community, with a genuine passion for the platform and its offerings.
- Strong communication skills, enabling you to effectively communicate with community members, address concerns, and provide valuable feedback.
- Proficiency in problem-solving, with the ability to identify issues, devise solutions independently, and collaborate with community leaders to implement improvements.
- Experience with Google Docs and automation tools, including Discord bots, Google Sheets, Zapier is a plus, etc.
About Gym Class - by IRL Studios
Gym Class is the most popular sports experience in virtual reality - and the best way to play basketball with people from all over the world. Make friends, break a sweat, and become a superstar.
The app is a breakout hit on Quest. With millions of downloads, it's now the #1 most played virtual reality sports game, and #1 best rated experience in the Quest Store.
The company is backed by the world's top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Y Combinator, the National Basketball Association (NBA), the Golden State Warriors, and top player-investors like Kevin Durant, Danny Green, Zaza Pachulia, Andre Iguodala, and Lonzo Ball.