Accounting & Finance
Remote · United States · Staatsburg, NY, USA · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 9, 2023
About The RoleTo lead and manage the operational aspects of the Hotel’s financial processes ensuring that these are efficient and in accordance with company policies. To Undertake Some Elements Of The Operational Work And To Ensure The Following Key Processes Are Completed Within Relevant Statutory And Corporate Deadlines
- Day to day bookkeeping
- Preparation of month-end and annual reports in accordance with legal and company compliance requirements
- Acting as the Hotel controller taking care of management accounting tasks
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable and cash management
- Accounting for taxation
- Statutory financial returns
- Manage the day-to-day running of the Hotel’s financial processes and to ensure all key processes are completed on a timely basis.
- Ensure the management accounting function is supported with accurate and timely financial reports, systems accounting support and transactional processing e.g. data entry, journals, uploading budgets and forecasts.
- Support the Corporate Finance function with a timely monthly and annual financial report and ad-hoc reports, adhering to deadlines.
- To reconcile and monitor all balance sheet accounts according to Habitas policy.
- Keep relevant officers up to date on any financial accounting, taxation and transactional accounting issues, providing financial advice, providing easy-to- understand financial information and answering financial queries.
- Treasury management, including day-to-day operation of bank account, management of any foreign exchange risk.
- Monitor adherence to Habitas finance policies and working practices.
- Monitor when statutory returns are due and that they are completed, reviewed and submitted on a timely basis.
- Bring any financial or system issues and risks to the attention of the corporate finance function.
- Lead and support corporate projects and policies, as required
- Knowledge of the key financial processes and how they need to be run: transactional accounting, budget setting, budget monitoring, year-end closure and producing the statement of accounts.
- Accounting designation or enrollment in a recognized accounting program
- Good knowledge of Opera, NetSuite or similar back office system is a plus.
- Good financial awareness
- Ability to make rational and timely decisions whilst empowering budget managers to achieve financial outcomes.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable ability to explain complex financial issues to non-financial officers and other stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and to plan work delivery over short, medium and long-range.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to solve complex financial
- Ability to deliver quality work within predetermined
- Has the confidence to lead, make decisions, find solutions to challenges.
- Pro-active attitude, and ability to take the initiative, as required.
- Energy, tenacity and ability to manage high workloads under pressure.