Hotel General Manager
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
About The CompanyWe are a global hospitality group created by a diverse community of people seeking human connection, authentic experiences and a better future together. Redefining the concept of traditional luxury, we build and activate hotels in inspiring destinations, guided by the idea that luxury is a feeling found in shared experiences and memories rather than in objects and things.Our mission is to change people’s lives by creating deeper human connections and making a lasting impact on the local communities we call home through education, employment, and the creation of sustainable micro-economies. With “Homes” currently located in Mexico, Morocco, the United States, Saudi Arabia and Namibia, we continue to expand globally across Latin America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia, using its technology-driven approach, experience-led programming, and innovative vertically integrated model. THE ROLEThe general manager is in charge of all daily hotel operations to guarantee that guests enjoy an outstanding experience. They are responsible for all hotel services, such as guest relations, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, revenue management, expense management, team building, and employee development. This position requires a flexible and dynamic problem solver with exceptional leadership abilities who can empower staff to give superior customer service to hotel guests, associates, and visitors. They act as brand ambassadors, providing leadership and strategic direction to all departments of the hotel. Responsibilities
- Provide the vision, leadership, and strategy that inspires your staff to deliver exceptional guest service that drives financial success
- Collaborate with hotel department leaders to define goals and objectives that are compatible with the overall hotel goals, as well as strategies for achieving them
- Create a budget to maximize profit margins while keeping costs in balance with guest satisfaction and quality of services
- Lead sales and marketing efforts by developing a targeted strategy for publicizing the hotel's services and amenities
- Establish the hotel's reputation for quality by inspecting rooms, public areas, and the surrounding grounds for cleanliness and upkeep
- Develop, administer and control the hotel revenue and expense budgets.
- Analyze Profit & Loss and General Ledger statements. Submit P&L Variance Reports in a timely manner.
- Review and approve the hotel payroll.
- Review and approve transmittals and other front office paperwork and reports.
- Authorize direct bill accounts and monitor the administration of Accounts Receivable.
- Facilitate lead management processes within the hotel and provide sales support to the team.
- Oversee tracking of leads and results, follow up with DOS to ensure leads are actively managed and followed up on.
- Maintain relationships with target accounts. Sustain pieces of business that are core business. Retain and service that business.
- Take ownership of sales when the DOS isn't available.
- DOS in joint calls on accounts.
- Coach and train all members of the hotel team on their role in the sales process.
- Review room inventory management to ensure maximization of room revenue.
- Ensure proper selection, training, counseling and motivation of all team members. Hire, train, counsel and motivate management team members.
- Ensure proper administration of Hotels benefits programs to all hotel team members.
- Review all hourly personnel performance appraisals. Conduct all management performance appraisals.
- Review all hourly team member disciplinary procedures and documentation. Follow progressive discipline steps, up to and including termination, to correct team member performance deficiencies.
- Ensure team members have an attitude of attentiveness and anticipation of guest needs.
- Ensure proper delivery of guest special requests.
- Meet with and solicit comments from guests on a regular basis to determine their level of satisfaction with guest services and facilities.
- Monitor results of Medallia/SALT scores. Take appropriate corrective actions on a timely basis.
- Respond and follow up on all written guest complaints. Ensure guest satisfaction with resolution of the complaint or problem.
- Inspect rooms according to quality standards for cleanliness and proper preventative maintenance.
- Develop and maintain hotel programs to assure that the quality program criteria are met.
- Complete and submit all forms for capital improvement for the hotel.
- Ensure all team members are trained to act according to procedure, in the event of an emergency or accident at the hotel.
- Ensure a viable key control program is in place in all hotel departments, with documentation.
- Ensure team members follow appropriate cash control procedures.
- Ensure the security needs of the property and guests are met.
- Maintain an active and visible position in the local community and industry.
- +4 years experience in similar roles
- High school diploma or equivalent GED; degree in hospitality or related field of study preferred
- Must have at least 5 or more years of experience in the hospitality field
- Previous experience as a hotel manager, assistant manager, or hotel department manager required
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills, communication skills, and problem-solving skills
- Proven customer service experience as a manager; strong guest-focused mentality
- Team management
- Presentation skills