Food & Beverage Manager
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
Who We AreWe are a global hospitality group created by a diverse community of people seeking human connection, authentic experiences and a better future together. Redefining the concept of traditional luxury, we build and activate hotels in inspiring destinations, guided by the idea that luxury is a feeling found in shared experiences and memories rather than in objects and things.Our mission is to change people’s lives by creating deeper human connections and making a lasting impact on the local communities we call home through education, employment, and the creation of sustainable micro-economies. With “Homes” currently located in Mexico, Morocco, the United States, Saudi Arabia and Namibia, we continue to expand globally across Latin America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia, using its technology-driven approach, experience-led programming, and innovative vertically integrated model. About The RoleF&B Managers are responsible for leading and managing restaurants. They may be responsible for different tasks that may include marketing strategies, recruiting and hiring staff, training, overseeing food quality, developing menus as well as greeting and serving Habita's guests.The F&B Manager must interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline outlet staff for the efficient operation of the outlet. Also, the need to organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings to communicate pertinent information to the staff, such as operational issues and menu changes. Responsibilities
- Schedule and direct staff in their work assignments.
- Interact positively with guests promoting Habitas facilities and services.
- Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties.
- Maintain rapport with all departments and attend relevant meetings.
- Move throughout the facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met.
- Give guidance toward improvement and make any necessary adjustments for consistency.
- Maintain profitability of outlets to support overall business operations.
- Control payroll and equipment costs (minimizing loss and misuse).
- Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering, and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves by stooping, bending, lifting heavy articles and reaching overhead.
- Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation. Develop and implement cost-saving and profit-enhancing measures.
- Utilize computers to accurately charge guests, also create forecast and revenue reports and write correspondence.
- Input and retrieve data and change computer procedures
- Ensure that all standards and cash handling procedures are met.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels for anticipated business during shift.
- Coach staff to adhere to outlet service standards.
- Conduct daily morning briefings.
- Maintain cleanliness of the restaurant in all areas, front and back of the house.
- Request feedback from guests concerning food, beverages, service, and improvement ideas.
- Ensure maintenance of equipment by calling for repairs and training staff on proper use.
- Conduct competitive research and report trends and recommendations.
- Support the entire restaurant operation including supervising other areas if necessary, handling special projects, and running promotions
- Possess a thorough knowledge of Food & Beverage outlet operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques and guest interaction.
- Have the ability to communicate in English orally and in writing, with guests and employees.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Understand that the workplace is fast paced with considerable movement throughout shifts.