Front Office Agent - Receptionist
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2023
Who We AreHabitas is a global hospitality group created by a diverse community of people seeking human connection, authentic experiences and a better future together. Redefining the concept of traditional luxury in hotels, we believe luxury cannot be bought or sold, but it is a feeling that exists in the experiences and memories that we create with others. Our mission is to change people’s lives through creating deeper human connections and to make a lasting impact on local communities through education, employment and the creation of sustainable micro-economies. With ‘HOMES’ currently located in Mexico, Costa Rica, Morocco, USA, Saudi Arabia and Namibia, Habitas is expanding globally across LATAM, Africa, the Middle East and Asia using its technology-driven approach and innovative vertically integrated model. Role OverviewUnder the direct supervision of the Front Office Manager, the Front Office Agent is responsible for guest registration, guest check-out, cashiering, and foreign exchange. He/she is also responsible for facilitating or providing assistance in case of guest inquiries/requests in accordance with the policies, standards and guidelines established by the hotel or the corporate office Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure that all business partners and guests are surprised and delighted by their on-property experience, in the best traditions of the Habitas culture.
- Ensure all interactions with guests are handled professionally and with care adhering to hotel policies and procedures.
- To operate the Front Office properly, efficiently
- To do Guest Registration /Check-in
- Check supplies to ensure that stock is sufficient for the expected business within the covered shift and/or for the day.
- Prior to arrivals, prepare all needed documents (registration cards, cheat sheets, welcome letters, etc.) to facilitate check-in.
- Check PMS records for the following:
- Guest reservation
- Guest history
- Specialized instructions
- Assist guests in completing the registration form, reviewing entries to ensure important details are included. Responsible for following up on incomplete details.
- Escort guests to the room.
- Handle and coordinate group reservation
- Control room keys by c hecking PMS system prior to issuance of room key to guests, to ensure that key is issued to the right guests.
- Create / Review guest folio and accurately encodes the needed guest information, e.g., complete name, address, race, origin, mode of payment, date of birth, arrival/departure details, reservation source, etc
- Check and ensures the accuracy of all financial transactions handled and/or endorsed to the Front Desk.
- Maintain cashier’s float accurately, adhering to specified procedures at all times.
- Attend to all guest complaints immediately and initiates/coordinate immediate resolution.
- Relevant work experience preferably in a similar role as Front Office Agent/ Receptionist
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment
- Computer skills - MS Office, Opera
- Fluent in English and French