Executive Chef - New Openings in LATAM - various locations
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2023
About The CompanyWe are a global hospitality group created by a diverse community of people seeking human connection, authentic experiences and a better future together. Redefining the concept of traditional luxury, we build and activate hotels in inspiring destinations, guided by the idea that luxury is a feeling found in shared experiences and memories rather than in objects and things.Our mission is to change people’s lives by creating deeper human connections and making a lasting impact on the local communities we call home through education, employment, and the creation of sustainable micro-economies. With “Homes” currently located in Mexico, Morocco, the United States, Saudi Arabia and Namibia, we continue to expand globally across Latin America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia, using its technology-driven approach, experience-led programming, and innovative vertically integrated model. THE ROLEThe Executive Chef is responsible for overseeing Habitas food service operations, which encompasses banquet, culinary, and room service operations.The Executive Chef is also responsible for maintaining product and service quality standards while maximizing profitability, forecasting, and budgeting, selecting, training, and developing employees.An Executive Chef will prepare the annual food and beverage budget, and monthly forecasts for food and beverage needs and expenses, along with performing human resources functions including scheduling, evaluating, and training employees. Responsibilities
- Support the pre-opening activities and ensure a smooth transition from pre-opening to full operation, as well as, ensuring that all outlet concepts are followed and agreed with Habitas operations.
- Establish strong partnerships with organic suppliers and ensure the highest quality of sourced products.
- Implement, optimize and communicate workflows, policies, and procedures tailored on location, and available resources according to safety standards, ensuring that all departmental operations manuals are prepared and updated annually.
- Hire and manage employees to ensure optimal efficiency, support their training and development while managing operational tasks, and delegation.
- Set an example for the team by always providing professional and courteous services, also, ensure that all employees follow, especially with guest complaints.
- Knowledgeable of all services and products offered by Habitas, with a special focus on all food and beverage products and services, as well as awareness of global trends.
- Ensure clear communication and collaboration with other departments to maximize food visibility, optimize revenue by marketing promoting activities, and safety standards.
- Collaborate with other departments while participating in administrative, and activities such as development and preparation of marketing plan, budget and monitoring of revenues, profit and loss responsibility, monthly income statement by outlet and whole department, and holding monthly performance meetings with the outlet management.
- Attend all corporate conference calls
- Competitive analysis every six months by calling competition and gathering data such as banquet kits, room rental rates, etc.
- Handle all Food inquiries and ensure timely follow up on the same business day.
- Create menu planning and pricing.
- Report any deficiencies in equipment and facilities
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, MBA or equivalent.
- Proven years of experience in food and beverage as an Executive Chef
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of food and beverage.
- Proficiency in excel, powerpoint and word and Google.
- Additional language is beneficial.
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
- Up to date with food trends and best practices.
- Guest oriented and service minded.
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance of employees.