Sales Manager (Hudson)
Sales & Business Development
Staatsburg, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
About The CompanyWe are a global hospitality group created by a diverse community of people seeking human connection, authentic experiences and a better future together. Redefining the concept of traditional luxury, we build and activate hotels in inspiring destinations, guided by the idea that luxury is a feeling found in shared experiences and memories rather than in objects and things.Our mission is to change people’s lives by creating deeper human connections and making a lasting impact on the local communities we call home through education, employment, and the creation of sustainable micro-economies. With “Homes” currently located in Mexico, Morocco, the United States, Saudi Arabia and Namibia, we continue to expand globally across Latin America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia, using its technology-driven approach, experience-led programming, and innovative vertically integrated model. THE ROLEThe Cluster Sales Manager is responsible to ensure the generation of Sales, Operation and Successful Administration of the Groups and Events segment, in terms of service, revenue, costs, management and achievement of the general departmental objectives, of the Property and Company in general. He supports the Operational Areas of the hotel, as well as is responsible for the generation of Revenue assigned by General Management in collaboration with the Corporate Sales Management. Responsibilities
- Executes and leads the BEO Review Board with Operations.
- Executes and leads Pre-Convention Meetings.
- Executes and leads the Post Convention Meetings.
- Achievement of quotas established in budgets / forecasts.
- Responsible for the Forecast of the Groups and Events segment (Rents, Food and Beverages, A/V) and Other Group Income and Definitive Events.
- Prospect, tentative and definitive groups.
- Monitors the link between Meeting Planners, Groups clients, and Site Inspections of the Group with the rest of the Areas involved in the hotel.
- Monitors the update of the file or chart of groups and events, blocking rooms and rates of definitive groups, tentative and prospect, assemblies, menus, drinks, etc. by the Group Coordinators.
- Supervises the contracting and payment processing of external suppliers.
- Supervises that all information and needs received by customers is to the hotel via e-mail by regular mail, BEOs, Group Instructions and Site Inspection Reports in time by the Coordinators of Groups.
- Supervises the Obtaining of guarantees for Food and Beverages of groups and that Any changes are notified to the affected areas immediately.
- Monitors that group deposits arrive full and on time according to contract until before the arrival of the group.
- Responsible for the day-to-day of the Groups and Events segment.
- Assists the General Manager for budget purposes and forecast.
- Follow up on any special requests made by the General Manager.
- Maintains up-to-date information regarding the competition.
- Works hand in hand with the Sales department regarding concessions, Site Inspections, Fam trips and VIP deals.
- Supervises that the general internal procedures of the hotel are covered based on procedures and standards.
- It is ensured that an ideal working environment based on respect for the Sales, Groups and Events segment.
- Prepares and updates the Procedure Manual of the Groups segment and Events.
- Gives feedback on the maintenance of Rooms and Event Areas together with the Manager of F&B and Maintenance.
- Prepares Occupancy Reports and Scheduled Events with departments Involved.
- Conducts internal audits periodically.
- Total physical and operational knowledge of the property
- Follow to the letter image of our family in reference to the attention to the client and management of equipment and systems according to company standards.
- Organized in the management of different tasks and responsibilities at the same time.
- Manages pressure and stress.
- Responsible and organized time management.
- Sticks to the use of formats and procedures established by the department and company.
- Keep track of the professional management of room and area inventory for the realization of events.
- Response to voicemails must be made on the same day of receipt.
- Attend departmental briefings.
- Will virtually attend meetings convened by the Commercial Team Corporate via conference with Head of Sales, Head of Revenue Management and Head of Operations.
- 3 years of experience in a sales position (various markets accepted, not necessary to have hotel experience)
- Knowledge in: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. PMS.
- Ability to learn new programs with minimal training.
- Experience in managing activities and circumstances at the same time
- Proactivity and enthusiasm