Human Resources Manager
Who we are
Habitas is a global hospitality group created by a diverse community of people seeking human connection, authentic experiences and a better future together. Redefining the concept of traditional luxury in hotels, we believe luxury cannot be bought or sold, but it is a feeling that exists in the experiences and memories that we create with others. Our mission is to change people’s lives through creating deeper human connections and to make a lasting impact on local communities through education, employment and the creation of sustainable micro-economies. With ‘HOMES’ currently located in Mexico, Costa Rica, Morocco, USA, Saudi Arabia and Namibia, Habitas is expanding globally across LATAM, Africa, the Middle East and Asia using its technology-driven approach and innovative vertically integrated model.
The HR Manager will be leading the HR function in the property (first of many in Qatar) and oversees all HR related topics. Furthermore, the HR Manager should be a highly resourceful leader and team-player, who is comfortable working in a diverse environment, sometimes under pressure and high demands, while remaining flexible, proactive, approachable and efficient
What you'll be doing
- Create, review, and update HR policies and procedures in accordance with company goals and legal regulations.
- Ensure consistent application of policies across the organisation.
- Communicate policies to employees and address any queries or concerns.
- Coordinate the onboarding process for new employees, including orientation and training.
- Develop workforce planning strategies to ensure the right talent is available at the right time.
- Act as a mediator in employee disputes and grievances, ensuring fair and respectful resolution.
- Design and implement performance appraisal systems to evaluate employee performance.
- Administer compensation and benefits programs, ensuring compliance with legal requirements.
- Handle benefits enrolment and resolve any benefits-related issues.
What you'll need
- You have 2+ yrs experience, ideally having worked within an international hotel group
- Qatar based and the ability to regularly travel to our property in Ras Abrouq
- You have experience working on complex projects
- Strong HR & policy writing experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to navigate around engaging relevant stakeholders and managing expectations around timing, process, deliverables, etc.
- Experience in resource planning & workforce management
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal), ideally with some form of business partnering experience
Nice to have
- Fluent in Arabic and English
- Experience working in-house at a law firm
- Strong academics (STEM or law degree preferred)