Senior Electrical Engineer
Heimdal builds machines that permanently capture and store atmospheric CO2. Congress has passed legislation (IRA) guaranteeing a price of $180/tCO2 removed via Direct Air Capture until 2032. We are building technology that profitably captures CO2 with this tax credit, right here in the United States.
About the Company We are on a mission to lay the foundation for the climate changed future. We are backed by renowned investors including Y Combinator, Cathexis Ventures, Sergey Brin of Google, Sam Altman’s Apollo Projects, Marc Benioff’s TIME and many others.
The position will be based out of our HQ in Uxbridge, London. Our London location serves as our main engineering and R&D hub and is the base for our global projects.
We are looking for someone who obsesses over and takes ownership over their domain problems in the context of the product, putting the user at the centre of everything we build.
We sponsor visas to the UK.
Objectives and responsibilities
- We are looking for an individual who is passionate about the engineering and thrives when given freedom to explore
- Take responsibility to own all electronics related problems, challenges & vision
- Undergraduate degree in electronics engineering or related discipline
- Experience in electronics engineering
- Embedded systems experience is a plus
- Self motivated with proven leadership skills and an ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues in person and remotely
- Methodical approach to your work and attention to detail
- Good organizational and time management skills
We use abundant minerals, in a looping process, and existing industrial equipment to capture CO2. Our process starts with carbonation of an abundant sorbent. Over a short period of time, through passive contacting with atmospheric air, the material is carbonated, whereafter the captured CO2 is stripped and captured by heating the material to high temperatures. CO2 off-gas is captured and stored geologically, permanently.