Senior Technical Program Manager
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
We’re a high-growth tech company changing the retirement industry. We’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors. Most recently, by funding from BlackRock as well as many other top investors: TPG (The Rise Fund) with SoftBank led our Series D, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
The Program Management function within Human Interest’s technology organization is a cross-functional discipline that ties everything together. At Human Interest, we move quickly and work with a sense of urgency, so we are able to deliver the best service possible for our customers. At any given time, we have numerous parallel threads of execution in-flight, spanning numerous roles and teams from across the department and company at large. Program management is meant to bring order to chaos and clarity to ambiguity, by injecting the right amount of process and support to help the organization be sustainably productive.
What you get to do every day
- Collaborate closely with design, product management, and engineering to drive planning and execution across teams
- Identify and mitigate risks to execution by clarifying scope, removing blockers, and ensuring efficient communication between appropriate stakeholders
- Assist teams in creating schedules, setting goals, and identifying milestones to ensure success at the individual project and team portfolio level
- Track and report progress of projects and goals in an efficient, audience-appropriate manner
- Support the rhythm of the business by creating and optimizing processes relating to execution, reporting, and planning
- Ensure longer-term strategic activities such as roadmap planning, resourcing, and cost management are successfully completed by teams
- Identify opportunities for increased efficiencies and impact
- Uphold a culture of focus, delivery, and accountability across the organization
What you bring to the role
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent collaboration and leadership skills
- 3+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
- Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience
- Experience working with cloud-based service-oriented architectures
- Proven record of building and delivering successful products
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture - Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation - The salary range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $165,000 - $200,000. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, compensation/equity mix, and market data. This position may also be eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards, short-term incentives, or sales compensation.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra - Enhanced Mental Heath Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot - Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly - Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; annual wellness stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote
We’re a great place to work (but don’t take our word for it)
Here’s a list of our awards and accolades:
- Certified as a Great Place To Work® (2023)
- Best Places to Work by Built In (2023)
- A Top Company by Y Combinator (2020-2023)
- America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes (2020-2022)
- Inc. Fastest Growing Companies (2021)
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures
Something looks off?