Director, People Business Partners
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
We’re a high-growth tech company changing the retirement industry. We’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors. Most recently, by funding from BlackRock as well as many other top investors: TPG (The Rise Fund) with SoftBank led our Series D, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
The Director, People Business Partners will be a strategic thought partner for our leadership team, driving the alignment of our business initiatives and people programs. As a leader of our national People Business Partner team, you will be responsible for cultivating and championing collaboration across COEs to drive a cohesive People strategy. Keeping Human Interest’s high performance culture at the forefront of how we develop, manage and reward our employees, this role will provide expertise and guidance on workforce planning, organizational design, performance management, employee retention and talent development. The ideal candidate is a solution oriented and results driven leader, with experience developing and executing on People strategies to attract, develop and retain exceptional talent.
What you get to do every day
- Lead and develop a national team of People Business Partners
- Build strong and trusting relationships with our key business leaders
- Develop and refine the People Business Partner strategy to drive business goals across the organization
- Provide guidance on the design and execution of organizational design, workforce planning and headcount management to support future business needs and goals
- Identify and build talent assessment tools to identify key talent and generate talent retention and performance management strategies for a
- Develop seamless and efficient processes to manage the employee lifecycle
- Focus on the development and adoption of leadership capabilities throughout the organization
- Work closely with the Total Rewards team to develop and deploy competitive reward strategies
- Inform and deliver talent development programs including succession planning and employee growth plans
- Utilize data and analysis of people metrics to drive data-driven insights around attrition, growth and retention
- Provide coaching to resolve key employee issues and lead thorough, objective investigations as needed
- Act as a culture champion, keeping the Human Interest Way at the heart of our people programs
What you bring to the role
- 15+ years of People Business Partner experience, including 5+ years in a leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience growing and scaling a high performing team of distributed People Business Partners
- Demonstrated ability to translate key business objectives and needs to support leadership and effectively drive people programs
- Experience partnering directly with COEs on program development and delivery strategies
- In-depth knowledge of HR laws, practices, regulations, recruitment, and compensation required; demonstrated competency to learn new state legislation as needed
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills, including facilitation of people programs
- Ability to lead through ambiguity and prioritize effectively in a dynamic environment
- Deep experience in handling complex employee issues
Where you will work
- Office in Lindon, Utah
- Hybrid, in office 3 days per week
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture - Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation - The salary range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $190,000 - $200,000. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, compensation/equity mix, and market data. This position may also be eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards, short-term incentives, or sales compensation.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra - Enhanced Mental Health Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot - Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly - Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; annual wellness stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
We’re a great place to work (but don’t take our word for it)
Here’s a list of our awards and accolades:
- Certified as a Great Place To Work® (2023)
- Best Places to Work by Built In (2023)
- A Top Company by Y Combinator (2020-2023)
- America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes (2020-2022)
- Inc. Fastest Growing Companies (2021)
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures
Something looks off?