Manager / Senior Manager - Finance
At Instawork, we’re driven by our vision to create economic opportunity for local businesses and skilled hourly professionals in communities around the world. With a growing number of hub cities across the world in the U.S., Canada, India, and beyond, we’re looking for top talent to help rapidly scale our high-tech and high-touch labor marketplace. Our accomplished and dedicated team is passionate about our mission and committed to crafting revolutionary products, all with the backing of our world-class investors, including Benchmark, Spark Capital, Craft Ventures, Greylock Capital, Y Combinator, and more!
What You’ll Do
As Manager/ Senior Manager of Finance and Tax at Instawork India, you would be responsible for end to end financial management including payroll, corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation for the Instawork’s Indian Entity.
You will partner with the Country Head and help design and implement various internal policies for finance, expenses and budgeting.
You will also be responsible in making sure that Indian Entity is compliant with all the prevailing laws and regulations of the country and proactively advising the management of any changes in regulations.
Additionally you would be working with the global finance team to help achieve other business goals as determined by the CFO and Controller from time to time.
- Financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation
- Own end to end accounting, payroll and bookkeeping for the Indian entity along with expense management and vendor payments
- Calculation and remittance of monthly statutory payments and Taxes eg, TDS PF,ESI, PT etc
- Preparation of financial statements and company’s monthly MIS reports
- Coordination with Statutory auditors, external consultants,banks and other government agencies
- Preparation and filing of company’s GST and Income tax returns
- Preparation & submission of quarterly and annual returns
- Help design and implement various internal policies for finance, expenses and budgeting
- Assist with Global accounting and reporting in conjunction with the CFO and Controller
Own end to end compliance for the Indian entity including Financial Audit, RBI, STPI, MCA and other regulatory filings including:
- Periodic Tax and Statutory payments like EPF, ESI, state taxes etc.
- Periodic Regulatory Filings with RBI and MCA
- STPI and export related compliances
- Annual Audit and Tax Filings
- Facilitate Board Meetings
- Assistance with Global compliance and regulatory filings
Founded in 2016, Instawork is the leading flexible work app for local, hourly professionals. Its digital marketplace connects thousands of businesses and more than three million workers, filling a critical role in local economies. Instawork has been featured on CBS News, the Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Associated Press, and more. In 2022, Instawork was ranked among the country’s top 10% of fastest-growing companies by Inc. 5000 and was included in the Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup list. Instawork was also named the 2022 ACE Award recipient for “Best Innovation” and one of the “Best Business Apps” by Business Insider. Instawork helps businesses in the food & beverage, hospitality, and warehouse/logistics industries fill temporary and permanent job opportunities in more than 25 markets across the U.S. and Canada.
For more information visit www.instawork.com
We value diversity on our team and firmly believe Instawork is stronger when we hire people who make their own unique contributions to our culture. We welcome all applicants and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.