Product Marketing Manager
At Instawork, we’re driven by our vision to create economic opportunity for local businesses and skilled hourly professionals in communities around the world. With a growing number of hub cities across the world in the U.S., Canada, India, and beyond, we’re looking for top talent to help rapidly scale our high-tech and high-touch labor marketplace. Our accomplished and dedicated team is passionate about our mission and committed to crafting revolutionary products, all with the backing of our world-class investors, including Benchmark, Spark Capital, Craft Ventures, Greylock Capital, Y Combinator, and more!
We are seeking a highly driven Product Marketing Manager to join our team at Instawork. As the Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will become the expert on Instawork’s product suite, differentiators, customers and competitors for the B2B (Instawork Partners) and job seeker (Instawork Professionals) side of the marketplace. You will develop this expertise through both quantitative and qualitative research to identify insights to refine our messaging, find channels/tactics to drive growth, inform content strategy, and prioritize segments to maximize value to Instawork.
What You’ll Do
- Drive awareness and adoption of Instawork’s product and features, partnering closely with our product management team in San Francisco and Bangalore.
- Conduct primary and secondary research into our target audiences to gain insights into their needs and painpoints.
- Be an expert on our competitors to understand where our products’ competitive advantage lies with regard to our target audiences’ needs and painpoints.
- Develop effective messaging frameworks that position and communicate our products’ competitive advantages in a way that resonates with our target audiences.
- Plan and execute GTM campaigns to drive feature adoption using your messaging frameworks.
- Work with the brand design team to create collateral when needed.
- Create and maintain a detailed product launch calendar.
- Work cross-functionally with product management, design, business operations, account management and other business stakeholders to hit goals.
Who You Are
- 3+ years in product marketing, marketing strategy, or strategy consulting.
- Track record of initiating, planning, and executing marketing campaigns that drive meaningful impact.
- Analytical chops, able to draw insightful conclusions from using business analytics tools and primary research. SQL knowledge is a bonus!
- Gathering and surfacing audience and industry insights from those analytical chops, and also through qualitative research and internal input to help shape product and marketing strategy
- Intellectually curious, empathetic, and driven to solve hard problems
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. Comfortable making decisions amidst ambiguity, a strong bias for action.
- Adept at and enjoy partnering cross-functionally across teams.
- Passionate about our mission to empower underserved hourly professionals and pioneer the future of work
- Bias for Action -- We are a growing team and an evolving product. We want a team of do’ers to drive the company forward, even if it means making decisions with incomplete information or being wrong.
- Act Like an Owner -- Treat this company as though it is your own. Execute on the fundamentals, and act creatively to drive growth. Your ability to drive impact in any part of our company is only limited by your courage and conviction, not your job title.
- Always Be Learning -- We are changing an entire industry. We strive to learn from each other and get better each day, week, and month, so that our team’s learnings can compound and we can all improve, together.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Empathy for our business partners and professionals means we put ourselves in their shoes. Empathy for our colleagues means we are always upfront and honest with each other, which comes from trust.
Founded in 2016, Instawork is the leading flexible work app for local, hourly professionals. Its digital marketplace connects thousands of businesses and more than three million workers, filling a critical role in local economies. Instawork has been featured on CBS News, the Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Associated Press, and more. In 2022, Instawork was ranked among the country’s top 10% of fastest-growing companies by Inc. 5000 and was included in the Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup list. Instawork was also named the 2022 ACE Award recipient for “Best Innovation” and one of the “Best Business Apps” by Business Insider. Instawork helps businesses in the food & beverage, hospitality, and warehouse/logistics industries fill temporary and permanent job opportunities in more than 25 markets across the U.S. and Canada.
For more information visit www.instawork.com
We value diversity on our team and firmly believe Instawork is stronger when we hire people who make their own unique contributions to our culture. We welcome all applicants and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.