Turning Space into a Transportation Layer for Earth
Who We Are:
Inversion was founded in 2021 with the mission to build the first affordable, high cadence return capability for the commercial and defense space industries. With launching to space becoming cheap and frequent, comparable options for return must become available to allow for a robust economy in space. We believe in a future where returning from space is as common as launching to space. Inversion is building reentry vehicles faster and cheaper than ever before through a focus on simplicity.
This next-generation class of space vehicle will finally be able to provide high-frequency return of research, goods, supplies, and equipment that is critical for all future commercial activities and supply chains in space. With launch costs at an all-time low and dropping, now is the time to build these round-trip capabilities. Inversion has ambitious goals with strong financial backing to make this a reality.
What You’ll Do:
As an Inversion Test Technician, you will have an instrumental impact on the testing, building, and assembly of Inversion spacecraft. You will be responsible for ensuring that our spacecraft is tested properly and assembled for mission success. All of our technicians are an integral part of the entire process including working directly with the engineers to influence and architect design, procedures, and work orders. Daily responsibilities could include fluid component testing, pressure testing, metal fabrication, electrical installation and troubleshooting, hydraulic diagnostics, fluid system fabrication, lifting and rigging, welding, machine operation, and more. You should be comfortable interfacing with and operating test equipment other technicians and engineers. You will handle flight hardware on the world’s first reentry vehicle designed for turning space into a transportation layer for Earth.
- Operate high pressure panels for testing purposes (Must have a familiarity with pressure regulators, trim valves, flow meters, etc.).
- Assembled fluid components in-house.
- Fabricate pressure test panels, fluid systems, test fixtures, data acquisition systems and harnessing.
- Review drawings (P&IDs, manufacturing drawings, etc.).
- Be an ambassador for safety and provide guidance and support to improve procedures with an eye towards safety.
- Constantly improve test fixtures, build designs, and overall shop flow.
- Learn new skill sets and be highly adaptable to new challenges.
- Occasionally drive and support our team at our Mojave Desert testing facility for consecutive days.
In addition to contributing to the testing and integration for our upcoming mission, you will also play an instrumental role in helping architect the processes and procedures for our future vehicle, Arc.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of experience in aerospace, military, or automotive testing, fabrication, or a related field.
- Professional experience in performing and conducting pressure tests, leak checks, and/or flow tests.
- Experience cleaning, inspecting, and rebuilding fluid system components.
- Professional experience in debugging and conducting basic electrical tests.
- Track record of attention to detail, good craftsmanship, and taking pride in your work.
- Track record of safe work habits.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces.
- Ability to work non-standard shifts, overtime, and weekends as required.
- Position may require extended work hours and weekend work.
- Our office headquarters is located in Torrance, CA. All jobs require you to work onsite unless otherwise stated in the job description.
- Experience using work orders, inventory requests, schematics, and drawings.
- The ability to provide valuable critiques of work orders/workflow to make continuous improvement in the company.
- Experience working with and learning new data acquisition software products.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a fast-paced and constantly adapting environment.
- Capable of being self-sufficient with little guidance.
- Prior experience working in startups and small independent teams.
The California annual base wage for this role is currently $25.00 - $38.00 per hour. Pay Grades are determined by role, level, location, and alignment with market data. Individual pay will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: interviews and an assessment of several factors that are unique to each candidate, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and internal equity.