Jeeves is an all-in-one corporate card and expense management platform for startups, enterprises and SMBs around the world. Jeeves has raised over $380M and is backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, CRV, Tencent, Stanford University, Clocktower Ventures and Founders of more than 15 unicorns including David Velez (Nubank), Carlos Garcia (Kavak), Sebastian Mejia (Rappi) and the family office of two FAANG founders.
Jeeves’ mission is to become the financial operating system for all global businesses. Since its public launch in March 2021, the company now services more than 3000 clients across 24 countries and 3 continents.
We are looking for a motivated and ambitious individual to assist in building an accounting organization to support our fast-growing business. This role will have a material impact on building processes as we continue to scale and report to the VP of Finance. This role will be hands-on, and strategic and will have the opportunity to learn about the global banking infrastructure. As a remote-first, global organization Jeeves is committed to building a team as diverse as the companies we serve.
Location: This role is a full-time remote position. #LI-REMOTE
- Manage the month-end close and reporting process to ensure an accurate and timely close
- Consolidation of the group financial statements, including the preparation of the related disclosures and periodical analysis
- Manage technical accounting research, and documentation of new policies and procedures
- Working with entity controllers domestically and internationally to support monthly, quarterly and year-end close process
- Assist the product team in developing features to improve the functionality of the product and the accounting teams of our clients
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of accounting operations, with a focus on process improvements and automation
- Assist in the design of internal controls and policies
- Coordinate with our external tax firm/technical accounting advisory firm to help with different matters
- Manage the year-end financial audit, working directly with auditors to ensure a smooth and timely process
- Support the Finance team in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- 4+ years of experience in public accounting, “Big 4” and top national firms – a must!
- 2+ years of experience in a multinational group consist of several entities
- 2+ years of experience of managing direct reports
- Experience in owning the month-end close process
- Experience in developing, documenting and rolling out processes cross-functionally
- Previous experience in preparation of financial statements for public companies
- Ability to understand the business environment and apply the relevant accounting principles in simplicity, using practical methods to support the business owner’s needs
- Creative thinking and out of the box solutions for complicated processes
- Collaborate with international team members
- CPA and B.A in Accounting with strong US GAAP skills (MBA – preferred)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; competency in SQL and Macros is a plus
- Sage competency is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English, Jeeves is a global company and English is the language we use internally to communicate between regions
- Agile and able to pivot quickly with the changing environment
Something looks off?