Global Head of Compliance
Jeeves is an all-in-one corporate card and expense management platform for startups, enterprises and SMBs around the world. Jeeves has raised over $380M and is backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, CRV, Tencent, Stanford University, Clocktower Ventures and Founders of more than 15 unicorns including David Velez (Nubank), Carlos Garcia (Kavak), Sebastian Mejia (Rappi), and the family office of two FAANG founders.
Jeeves’ mission is to become the financial operating system for all global businesses. Since its public launch in March 2021, the company now services more than 3000 clients across 24 countries and 3 continents.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Head of Compliance who can build, establish and oversee a global compliance program for a fast-growing, global fintech operating in 20+ markets around the world, reporting to the CFO. This role will be hands-on, strategic and will serve as the key point person for advising on and building the regulatory and AML framework of the operations for Jeeves around the world. As a global organization Jeeves is committed to building a team as diverse as the companies we serve.
Location: This is a full-time remote position. #LI-REMOTE
- Lead the global compliance program and operating model for a global fintech operating in 20+ markets
- Lead all communications with regulatory agencies, working proactively to establish positive working relationships and ensure the firm’s continued adherence with pertinent laws and regulations
- Ensure there is an effective AML program for each of the countries Jeeves operates in, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Maintaining global AML policies and procedures
- Review the customer and businesswide risk assessment methodologies and enhance as needed
- Ensure an effective sanctions program
- Oversight of all aspects of the customer onboarding, transaction monitoring, SAR processes
- Deliver training to staff globally
- Develop KPI and senior management reporting
- Build and oversee compliance requirements for geographic expansion, new products and efficiency projects, and provide advice for future business strategies
- Oversee management of various state related examinations.
- Help to design, develop, and implement a robust financial crime framework
- Keep abreast of AML/CTF regulatory developments in all countries Jeeves is currently serving as well as the countries we anticipate supporting.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on AML, CTF, PEPs and Sanctions for the Business
- Develop, maintain, and embedded policies and procedures within the business in line with legal and regulatory requirements;
- Responsible for team oversight of all aspects of transaction monitoring, SAR reporting and client onboarding process
- Partner with Legal team to establish regulatory strategy, and develop joint Regulatory, Compliance and Legal roadmap
- Develop strong relationships with key business stakeholders in Product, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Credit Risk and other as it relates to compliance and/or fraud monitoring
- Assist with the build and implementation of the business-wise risk assessment & client risk assessment projects
- Report Financial Crime related management information to Senior Management
- Perform enhanced due diligence reviews
- More than 10 years of experience working in a compliance role with 5 years leading, managing and developing a global compliance team
- Experience in global FinTech and B2B product space required
- Payment services/MSB experience preferred
- Demonstrable financial crime experience to be able to act as the subject matter expert in all areas of AML/ CFT and fraud risk management.
- Experience dealing with regulatory authorities, privacy regulations, and data protection
- Proven ability to execute compliance and regulatory strategy, and to apply requirements to the business in an efficient and commercial way
- Experience conducting transaction monitoring, investigating sanctions and PEP hits
- Readiness to build and document new procedures from scratch
- Agile and able to pivot quickly with the the changing environment
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- A JD or advanced degree and a background in legal is preferred
Something looks off?