Senior Accountant (US GAAP)
Jeeves is an all-in-one corporate card and expense management platform for startups, enterprises and SMBs around the world. Jeeves has raised over $380M and is backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, CRV, Tencent, Stanford University, Clocktower Ventures and Founders of more than 15 unicorns including David Velez (Nubank), Carlos Garcia (Kavak), Sebastian Mejia (Rappi) and the family office of two FAANG founders.
Jeeves’ mission is to become the financial operating system for all global businesses. Since its public launch in March 2021, the company now services more than 3000 clients across 24 countries and 3 continents.
We are in need of a motivated and ambitious individual to assist in building and improving the accounting organization at Jeeves. As a key member of the Finance team, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for managing the month-end close process and the company’s tax activities in North America, working with external consultants. The Senior Accountant will have a material impact on how we structure our finance processes as we continue to scale and will report to the Corporate Controller.
Location: This role is based out of México City on a hybrid schedule. #LI-HYBRID
- Work with the team on the month-end close - manage the processes from start to end, ensuring accuracy of the company’s financial reporting
- Work with the accounting team to automate and improve the accounting processes
- Collaborate with the product team in developing features to improve the functionality of Jeeves’s product
- Assist with technical accounting research, and documentation of new policies and procedures
- Support monthly reconciliation processes of Jeeves Bank accounts, AP and AR
- Assist with annual audits
- Assist in the design of internal controls and policies
- Support special projects, ad-hoc reporting and other tasks as assigned
- 2+ years of experience in public accounting, “Big 4” and top national firms – a must!
- 2+ years of experience in a multinational group consist of several entities
- Experience in month-end close process
- Previous experience in preparation of financial statements for public companies
- Ability to understand the business environment and apply the relevant accounting principles in simplicity, using practical methods to support the business owner’s needs
- Creative thinking and out of the box solutions for complicated processes
- Collaborate with international team members
- CPA and B.A in Accounting with strong US GAAP skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; competency in SQL and Macros is a plus
- Sage competency is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Agile and able to pivot quickly with the changing environment