Go To Market Lead, Operations
About the role
We’re on a mission to make behavioral health more available and accessible. We're backed by a16z, YCombinator, Craft, and many others to make this dream a reality.
Building an inclusive culture is one of our core tenets as a company. We’re very aware of the structural inequalities that exist, and recognize that underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t think they meet all of the requirements. If that’s you and you’re reading this, we’d like to encourage you to apply regardless — we’d love to get to know you and see if there’s a place for you here!
About Our Mission
At Juniper, we're building software for behavioral health clinicians to improve quality of care. We streamline and replace manual efforts so clinicians can focus on what they do best: providing high-quality care.
We started Juniper because we care about impact — the lack of supply for behavioral healthcare means those who need it most cannot access it. We believe this is one of the biggest problems out there today. It’s why we’re tackling this broken industry, and why we want you on this mission with us.
For more details on our thesis, check out our write-up What is Juniper?.
About Our Culture
Our mission to change behavioral health starts with us and and how we operate. We don’t want to just change behavioral health, we want to change the way startups operate. Here are a few tactical examples:
Diversity, equity, and inclusion has been a priority since day 1. Currently, half of our leadership team (COO + CTO) identify as female, and our cap table includes over a dozen women. We still have a ways to go, but we’re committed to sourcing, hiring, and retaining talent from underrepresented folks in tech and outside of tech.
Behavioral health is something we live and breathe — all four members of the Juniper leadership team see therapists every week, and we have a specific mental health benefit to help if that's something you're interested in exploring!
We have to have a sense of humor. Healthcare is so broken, it's depressing if you don't laugh with us.
For more details on how we operate as a company, take a look at our FAQs | Joining the Juniper Team!
About The Role
Our team is growing rapidly, and we’re looking for mission-drive go to market operators who care deeply about creating positive impact, love solving challenging problems, and will thrive in the fast-paced start-up life. This person will be a key figure in validating our first sales and marketing playbooks, and then using that first-hand experience to strategize and build our core GTM motions at scale.
What you'll do:
- Autonomously spearhead launches of new go-to-market channels, blazing the first paths to scalable growth — including 0-to-1 execution of outside and inside sales, events and conferences, SEO content & SEM spend, and channel partnerships.
- Work directly with co-founders to build out functional organizations (e.g., sales and marketing teams) as we rapidly grow.
- Intimately understand customer needs to strategize and execute sales and marketing initiatives.
- Build relationships with strategic clinic, health-tech, and payer partners.
- Determine and iterate on internal metrics to track growth; build out dashboards and reporting for the team to drive better decision-making.
What we’re looking for:
- Independence, throughput, and velocity — an ability to drive and build projects from 0-to-1. You'll need to identify problems, build alignment, and execute solutions with a high degree of ownership and autonomy.
- Grit, tenacity, and creativity — 0-to-1 go-to-market execution often requires persistence and out-of-the-box ideas, especially when we approach new target audiences.
- Growth mindset — a mentality of approaching unknowns with excitement, a penchant for learning new skills and technologies to solve new operational challenges.
- Alignment on company values — it’s the first chapter of our company story. You’ll be expected to cultivate and nurture existing values, and also play a lead role in shaping how it unfolds.
We're prioritizing in-person and hybrid candidates in San Francisco excited by opportunities to make 0-to-1 impact on the ground — including travel to current and prospective therapy clinics — and define how we build up future GTM teams at scale.
Any offer of employment is contingent on providing proof of Covid-19 vaccination prior to your start date, subject to approved medical and/or religious exemptions, in accordance with applicable law.
We’re on a mission to make behavioral health more available and accessible. We're backed by YCombinator, Craft, Zigg, and many others to make this dream a reality.
At Juniper, we build software for behavioral health clinicians to improve quality of care. We streamline and replace manual efforts so clinicians can focus on what they do best: providing high-quality care.
Behavioral health is broken. We think this is a problem worth solving, and we think we know how to solve it. Interested? Check out https://jobs.lever.co/juniperplatform.
We’re deeply rooted in the intersection of healthcare and technology — the founders were previously healthcare consultants (at McKinsey) and all have technical backgrounds.
The engineering team brings a breadth of experience (AWS, Bloomberg, Palantir, Headway). Our head of engineering previously led a team of 10 at AWS and is invested in building a first-class team of engineers with a focus on developing a diverse, inclusive, and supportive culture.
We started Juniper because we care about impact — the lack of supply for behavioral healthcare means those who need it most cannot access it. We see this as a once in a lifetime opportunity to fix a broken industry, and why we want you on this journey with us.
Something looks off?