What we're up to
Kalshi has launched the first regulated financial exchange that allows people to trade on the anticipated outcome of events. We’re now looking for the right people to help us continue to grow and scale.
Our vision is to allow people to capitalize on their opinions and hedge risks that relate to their everyday lives, from "Will CPI rise more than 0.5% this month?” to "Will 2023 be the hottest year on record?"
We're on a long journey in uncharted territories and are looking for passionate and outlier members excited to embark on this voyage towards building the future of the financial system.
In the Market Structure function at Kalshi, you’ll be an early member of Kalshi's Contracts team. The Contracts team is responsible for determining which markets to launch and structuring them properly so that people want to trade them. We're scaling, which means your role will evolve and grow with the company; your initial responsibilities will include:
- Market Identification: Research, analyze, and identify potential markets for expansion, considering factors such as market demand, competition, and client preferences.
- Contract Structuring: Determine the ideal structure for these contracts factoring in the risks these contracts represent, who they are catered to, and how people will interact with them.
- Framing: Craft clear and compelling market descriptions and trading terms that resonate with traders sparking interest and activity.
- Product Enhancement: Collaborate with product development teams to identify ways our platform can improve market engagement and tradeability.
- Market Insights: Stay informed about market trends, industry developments, and regulatory changes to make informed recommendations and adjustments to market structures.
- Feedback Loop: Establish feedback mechanisms with traders and clients to gather insights and continuously improve market structures and engagement strategies.
To excel in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, business, or a related field.
- Proven experience in market structuring, trading, or related roles within the financial industry.
- Strong understanding of financial markets, derivatives, and trading strategies.
- Interest in Prediction Markets is a big plus.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills to craft compelling market descriptions and trading terms.
- Intuition for identifying risk and opportunity.
- Interest and intuition for macro, finance, and global trends.
- Bold mindset with a passion for creating engaging and tradeable markets.
NYC Pay Transparency Disclosure:
Salary Range: $100,000 to $200,000 annually plus equity and benefits. This salary range is based on the current available market data, and represents the expected salary range for this role. Kalshi has minimal hierarchy and few titles, but has broad ranges of experience represented within roles. Should you have compensation expectations that exceed these bands, we'd love to hear from you and would welcome you to reach out to further discuss.
We are a group of people who work hard and get things done, and we're looking for more people like that! Meritocracy is at our core, and we value people who take ownership and figure (usually hard) things out. We think of Kalshi as a family bound together by our mission: we believe that this is the best (and most fun!) way to work. Kalshians are, by far, Kalshi's largest asset and we're obsessed with growing and investing in our people.
Who We Are
Kalshi is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe it is our collective responsibility to uphold these values and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to join us in our mission. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law. If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your talents to support our mission and values, we’d love to hear from you.