Market Surveillance Lead
What we're up to
Kalshi has launched the first regulated financial exchange that allows people to trade on the anticipated outcome of events. We’re now looking for the right people to help us continue to grow and scale.
Our vision is to allow people to capitalize on their opinions and hedge risks that relate to their everyday lives, from "Will CPI rise more than 0.5% this month?” to "Will 2023 be the hottest year on record?"
We're on a long journey in uncharted territories and are looking for passionate and outlier members excited to embark on this voyage towards building the future of the financial system.
As the Surveillance Lead, you will oversee the suite of surveillance operations at Kalshi.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Surveillance Strategy: Develop and implement comprehensive surveillance strategies to detect and prevent market manipulation, insider trading, and other fraudulent activities. Continuously enhance and optimize surveillance systems to stay ahead of emerging risks and regulatory requirements.
- Market Monitoring: Utilize monitoring tools and data analytics to oversee real-time trading activities across our markets.
- Regulatory Compliance: Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to interpret and apply relevant financial regulations, exchange rules, and best practices. Ensure that the exchange remains compliant with all applicable laws and industry standards.
- Incident Investigation: Conduct in-depth investigations of identified anomalies or suspicious trading patterns, generating reports, and presenting findings to relevant stakeholders, including regulatory authorities if necessary.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks and vulnerabilities in the trading environment, developing and implementing risk mitigation strategies. Proactively work to prevent potential security breaches and operational disruptions.
- Technology Enhancement: Partner with the technology team to recommend and implement improvements to surveillance systems, databases, and data processing capabilities.
- Training and Awareness: Organize training programs and workshops to educate exchange members and employees about trading regulations, compliance requirements, and best practices in market surveillance.
- Reporting and Documentation: Prepare comprehensive reports on surveillance activities, findings, and trends for management and regulatory agencies as required. Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of surveillance procedures and investigations.
We are looking for intellectually curious, highly motivated individuals to be foundational members of our surveillance team. You should have strong critical thinking and analytical skills, excellent communication abilities, an ability to manage ambiguity, and a knack for working across teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in market surveillance, compliance, or a related field within the financial industry. Previous leadership or supervisory experience is preferred.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in using market surveillance tools, SQL, BI tools, data analysis software, and financial databases. Strong knowledge of market structure, trading platforms, and financial instruments.
- Regulatory Knowledge: In-depth understanding of relevant financial regulations, such as those issued by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and other relevant regulatory bodies.
- Analytical Mindset: Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to interpret complex data sets and identify patterns or anomalies.
- Communication: Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present complex information to diverse audiences.
- Ethical Conduct: High ethical standards and a commitment to upholding the principles of integrity and confidentiality in market surveillance activities.
We are a group of people who work hard and get things done, and we're looking for more people like that! Meritocracy is at our core, and we value people who take ownership and figure (usually hard) things out. We think of Kalshi as a family bound together by our mission: we believe that this is the best (and most fun!) way to work. Kalshians are, by far, Kalshi's largest asset and we're obsessed with growing and investing in our people.
Who We Are
Kalshi is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe it is our collective responsibility to uphold these values and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to join us in our mission. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law. If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your talents to support our mission and values, we’d love to hear from you.