What we're up to
Kalshi has launched the first regulated financial exchange that allows people to trade on the anticipated outcome of events. We’re now looking for the right people to help us continue to grow and scale.
Our vision is to allow people to capitalize on their opinions and hedge risks that relate to their everyday lives, from "Will CPI rise more than 0.5% this month?” to "Will 2023 be the hottest year on record?"
We're on a long journey in uncharted territories and are looking for passionate and outlier members excited to embark on this voyage towards building the future of the financial system.
We are seeking a talented and innovative Product Designer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for building financial product, empathy for traders, a knack for transforming complex ideas into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use designs for our customers—from the first-time user to the expert trader.
- Design the trading experience on the Kalshi platform.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Work closely with founders and engineers to make complex ideas reality.
- Prioritize the most important elements of the Kalshi experience so we can effectively execute on our highest priorities.
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback to iterate on design solutions.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field.
- Years of proven experience as a product designer, UI/UX designer, or similar role.
- Experience building trading, investing, and/or financial products.
- Proficiency in Figma or other visual design and wireframing tools.
- Demonstrable design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
NYC Pay Transparency Disclosure:
Salary Range: $100,000 to $200,000 annually plus equity and benefits.
This salary range is based on the current available market data, and represents the expected salary range for this role. Kalshi has minimal hierarchy and few titles, but has broad ranges of experience represented within roles. Should you have compensation expectations that exceed these bands, we'd love to hear from you and would welcome you to reach out to further discuss.
We are a group of people who work hard and get things done, and we're looking for more people like that! Meritocracy is at our core, and we value people who take ownership and figure (usually hard) things out. We think of Kalshi as a family bound together by our mission: we believe that this is the best (and most fun!) way to work. Kalshians are, by far, Kalshi's largest asset and we're obsessed with growing and investing in our people.
Who We Are
Kalshi is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe it is our collective responsibility to uphold these values and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to join us in our mission. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law. If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your talents to support our mission and values, we’d love to hear from you.