What we're up to
Kalshi has launched the first regulated financial exchange that allows people to trade on the anticipated outcome of events. We’re now looking for the right people to help us continue to grow and scale.
Our vision is to allow people to capitalize on their opinions and hedge risks that relate to their everyday lives, from "Will CPI rise more than 0.5% this month?” to "Will 2023 be the hottest year on record?"
We're on a long journey in uncharted territories and are looking for passionate and outlier members excited to embark on this voyage towards building the future of the financial system.
As a core person on the compliance team, your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to interpret and apply relevant financial regulations, exchange rules, and best practices. Ensure that the exchange remains compliant with all applicable laws and industry standards.
- Identify potential risks and vulnerabilities in the company and exchange, developing and implementing risk mitigation strategies. Proactively work to prevent potential security breaches and operational disruptions.
- Organize training programs and workshops to educate exchange members and employees about trading regulations and compliance requirements.
- Reporting and Documentation: Prepare comprehensive reports on compliance activities, findings, and trends for management and regulatory agencies as required.
- Conduct routine compliance audits and assessments to identify and mitigate risks.
- Stay up-to-date with relevant laws, regulations, and industry best practices. Monitor and report on changes in the regulatory environment and assess their impact on the exchange.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of compliance policies and procedures. Collaborate with various departments to ensure compliance with regulations and industry standards.
We are looking for intellectually curious, highly motivated individuals to be foundational members of our compliance team. You should have strong critical thinking and analytical skills, excellent communication abilities, an ability to manage ambiguity, and a knack for working across teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in compliance, or a related field within the financial industry. Previous leadership or supervisory experience is preferred.
- Regulatory Knowledge: In-depth understanding of relevant financial regulations, such as those issued by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and other relevant regulatory bodies.
- Analytical Mindset: Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to interpret complex data sets and identify patterns or anomalies.
- Communication: Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present complex information to diverse audiences.
- Ethical Conduct: High ethical standards and a commitment to upholding the principles of integrity and confidentiality in compliance activities.
We are a group of people who work hard and get things done, and we're looking for more people like that! Meritocracy is at our core, and we value people who take ownership and figure (usually hard) things out. We think of Kalshi as a family bound together by our mission: we believe that this is the best (and most fun!) way to work. Kalshians are, by far, Kalshi's largest asset and we're obsessed with growing and investing in our people.
Who We Are
Kalshi is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe it is our collective responsibility to uphold these values and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to join us in our mission. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law. If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your talents to support our mission and values, we’d love to hear from you.