Data at Kalshi
What we're up to
Kalshi has launched the first regulated financial exchange that allows people to trade on the anticipated outcome of events. We’re now looking for the right people to help us continue to grow and scale.
We're on a long journey in uncharted territories and are looking for passionate and outlier members excited to embark on this voyage towards building the future of the financial system.
As our go to data person at Kalshi, you build and operate the full data stack at Kalshi. This role is one part data engineering, one part data analysis.
Some of the projects you may work on:
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources and pipelines
- Analyze large, complex datasets to extract insights and decide on the appropriate techniques and data representation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to set KPI goals, create hypothesis tests and monitor outcomes
- Design, implement and deploy statistical models to solve business problems
- Develop best practices and frameworks for instrumentation and experimentation and communicate those to product engineering teams
- Participate in setting the strategic direction for data science and analytics for our company
Our tech stack includes Python, SQL, DBT for data analytics and pipelining, pipelining and machine learning, Spark for big data processing, and visualization through Superset. We leverage cloud platforms such as AWS for scalable data storage and computational needs.
- Highly Proficiency in Python and SQL with a strong familiarity with Pandas, Numpy, DBT,
- Knowledge of Big Data tools like Spark is preferred
- Expertise in data visualization tools and BI tools
- Experience with cloud platforms (bonus points for AWS)
- Intermediate understanding of Machine Learning algorithms and principles
- Extremely strong statistical analysis skills
- Familiarity with software development tools and methodologies
- Love what Kalshi is building
- Ownership mentality
- Can manage ambiguity and working on multiple projects at once
- Prior experience working with financial data
- Interest in surveillance systems
- Previous experience working on government interfacing data projects
We are a group of people who work hard and get things done, and we're looking for more people like that! Meritocracy is at our core, and we value people who take ownership and figure (usually hard) things out. We think of Kalshi as a family bound together by our mission: we believe that this is the best (and most fun!) way to work. Kalshians are, by far, Kalshi's largest asset and we're obsessed with growing and investing in our people.
Something looks off?