Backed by Y Combinator, Kamion is building Uber for Trucks for Turkey and surrounding countries. We aim to transform how goods are transported through better process design, automation, and powerful analytics.
We operate in the B2B trucking space, bringing together shippers and truckers to provide higher operational efficiency, trust, and reliability. We’re growing fast, utilizing a blend of operational excellence and technology to meet high demand levels.
As a team, we have a lot of fun doing what we do. We operate in a no-blame culture with high levels of personal responsibility and discipline.
As a Software Engineer, you will have ownership of the following:
- Helping Kamion build its digital infrastructure by developing readable, maintainable, efficient software
- Facilitating cross-functional communication within the team. Gathering feedback from sales/operations/users to improve our products through continuous iteration
- 2+ years of experience in building elegant, efficient software
- An in-depth understanding of technical architecture, system design, and problem solving acuity to take on sophisticated technical challenges
- Fluency in PHP's Laravel framework
- Experience working with Gitlab
- Experience working with PostgreSQL
- Experience working in teams using daily standup meetings and task management software
- Familiarity with React.js, npm, and Next.js is a plus
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Having a learning mentality. Be better every day.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Being a good team player overall. Sustainable innovation comes through teamwork.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, often unstructured environment
- Strong bias towards action. Quality and speed don’t need to be mutually exclusive. Making mistakes is okay as long as you learn from them.