Hi! We are Phil, Richard & Rob, founders of Kanda - we’re building financing for Europe’s 200M homeowners to pay monthly for their home improvements.
We were part of Y Combinator and recently raised our seed round from several US funds and incredible founders like James Park (Fitbit), Henry De Zoete (Look After My Bills), and Kenny Stone (PlanGrid).
We are looking to hire a Sales Executive to join our team!
We are looking for a Sales Executive to help scale Kanda.
You'd be part of the founding team and work alongside the founders & engineers to grow our user base - here’s what you’ll be doing in short
- Sales calls will be 80% of your bread and butter. Mainly inbound leads being booked into your diary or new sign ups expecting call backs
- Manage the sales pipeline for the company including making sure contracts get signed and our partners are updated accordingly
- Managing various systems like Pipedrive and Google Sheets
- Occasionally running through onboarding &/or training calls when the team requires (less than 20% of your time)
- We're a start-up; you'll end up doing things here vastly different to how you do them now
- You need an attidute which sees you default to action, not planning.
💡 This role is a sales heavy/phone call heavy role. You will be working remotely expected to make between 40-80 calls a day, as well as, nurture leads and manage various systems.
What you can do...
We are looking for people who love helping customers get the products they need and thrive off winning new business
- Comfortably talk to clients on the phone vs via email, our potential customers are always on the move
- Execute under pressure and not be overwhelmed by a full diary of calls
- You’re proactive and will find impactful work to do on ‘slow days’… no stragglers here
- You're intuitive and can decipher what customers are 'really asking for' when they raise concerns
- You're highly organized; this is a busy role and you'll need to be able to work diligently through it.
What are we looking for:
- You are a human, and your life isn't all about work
- A relentless customer focus, ensuring our customers' needs are always at the heart of what we're building
- You should have experience leading small projects end to end, so you can make a good judgment call about when and where to iterate and try new things
- You are an operator and you are not afraid to learn new software/suggest new alternatives to current processes
- You can take on a challenge like this and be willing to make mistakes, learning from them at all times.
Nice to have:
- Experience working in construction/home improvements & payments sectors
- Experience working in a start-up previously, have a good grasp of software
Why you should join Kanda
Besides the typical benefits of working at a startup (flexibility, sense of ownership, impact, high equity compensation, rapid learning curve, and exposure to all parts of building a company) being a sales executive at Kanda is the opportunity to
- Shape the $1tn/year construction industry whilst building a new type of lender. We are challenging two ancient industries to do things better; construction & finance. You’ll work daily to turn both of them on their heads in order to give consumers and businesses a better way of working together.
- Own a venture-funded startup's tech stack from day 1 and be able to set up our infrastructure to go from 1000s of users to 1Ms in a few years.
- Work with top-tier salespeople and constantly learn from each other and co-design our sales-first culture.
- Impact real people’s lives every day - every startup wants to ‘help people’, by building Kanda you will literally be changing the lives of hard-working tradespeople so they can win better work and grow their businesses. All whilst helping customers find a way to fund essential works for their homes.
Other than the solution we are building, we see our workplace and culture as another product of our company. We want to create an environment for our people to continually grow, hone their craft, and feel proud of their work. We believe the team is the most important factor in a start-up and want our people to turn up to work every day ready to push each other forwards.
Who we are
We are Phil, Richard, and Rob, nice to meet you! We are the founders of Kanda.
We are 3 friends (and cousins in the case of Richard & Rob) on a mission to change how tradespeople and homeowners work together. Richard is an expert electrician, Rob is a literal rocket scientist and Phil likes to talk (nonstop!) about products.
Our team is full of amazing people from the UK. There are just 7 of us building this rocket ship and now we need you to help it go take off!
We work on GMT time and currently aim for 9 am-6 pm UK time. Right now we are looking for someone in the UK and we meet up every 6-10 weeks to co-work together in person.