Senior ML Infrastructure Engineer (Founding AI Lead) at voice-tech healthcare software startup
At Knowtex, we’re making doctors 2x more efficient with AI note-taking and charge capture. We’re tackling physician burnout and capturing revenue leakage for healthcare organizations of all sizes using the newest voice technology and AI models available.
As founding AI full-stack engineer at Knowtex, you’ll be responsible for expanding our existing web application and continuing to develop our proprietary AI models. You will work closely in our backend system that runs AI algorithms on conversation data for analysis and summarization, and enables front-end behaviors. You will also improve our front-end, used by doctors to capture conversations with patients and view AI-generated notes.
You would be leading the charge on the following:
Improving existing software
- Use one or more deep learning libraries and platforms (e.g., TensorFlow, Caffe, Chainer, or PyTorch) to develop cutting-edge AI models for medical transcription, summarization, and analysis
- Lead additional developers in using ML to process conversation data
- Improve existing web application for doctors to record and upload audio and view notes
- Experience with AWS cloud resources
Implementing coding best practices
- Use Github to manage changes.
- Implement staging and production servers, CI/CD, and testing in a way that balances app stability, speed, and future development - prefer AWS
- Make architectural decisions that enable feature changes
Implementing data best practices
- Ensure conversation data is stored correctly to enable future insights to be gleaned
- Ensure patient EMR data is stored in a HIPAA-compliant way
- Use data structures that make it possible to use for algorithms later on and facilitate EMR integration.
We have the following values at Knowtex and are looking for team members who:
- Dare to be bold
- Create generational change
- Listen and act with empathy
- Have integrity and transparency
- Empower human health
You would be working directly with the founders - Stanford University Computer Science graduates who were formerly medical scribes with a passion for health tech innovation. You'll be welcomed as a new member of a tight-knit team that loves to have fun. Knowtex is based in the Bay Area.
- Knowtex was selected as one of the top 11 companies in the YC batch by TechCrunch (https://techcrunch.com/2022/09/07/11-favorite-yc-demo-day-s22-startups/?guccounter=1)
- Selected as the only healthcare company for Amazon's inaugural Generative AI accelerator (https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/startups/aws-announces-21-startups-selected-for-the-aws-generative-ai-accelerator/)
- Read more about our company and technology on YC Launch (https://www.ycombinator.com/companies/knowtex)