Senior Product Designer
About the opportunity
We’re looking for a Sr. Product Designer to help us craft the future of our HRIS suite—the central employee record companies use to manage their workforce and employee programs. Over the past eight years, we’ve built the Lattice Talent Suite to help HR leaders create stronger employee experiences and more meaningful work relationships that lead to greater business outcomes. Now we’re building an HRIS that that is the backbone of effective people programs powered by robust employee data.
You’ll help build a system of record that is purpose-built for speed, deeper analytics and innovative people programs. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a talented group of designers, engineers and PMs on problems that shape how our customers manage develop their talent.
What we’re looking for
As a note, even if you don’t feel your experience covers everything listed below, we still encourage you to apply! The goal of this job posting is to establish the shape of the role, and we’re open to adjusting the leveling if we find someone who’s a great fit for that shape.
- Experience evaluating and designing complex workflows, in particular flows that move across or have impact on multiple products within a suite.
- A track record of innovating in your UI choices - going beyond standard web elements to create unique experiences that meet customer needs.
- A strong understanding of visual design principles (as evident in your work), in particular with regard to spacing, typography, hierarchy and usage of color to communicate states and numeric values.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with a talent for succinctly articulating customer challenges.
- Proven success working with an established design system - knowing when to reuse existing components, and when to evolve or even ignore them to meet your customers’ needs.
- Experience working closely with User Research, as well as a track record of talking to customers and incorporating feedback from those sessions into your work.
- A strategic partner for Product - you think at a high-level about your product area and collaborate closely with your PM and Engineering partners to define the future of the products you work on.
- You work closely with your engineering team throughout the design and development process, bringing your team along and then ensuring every detail of the design is implemented in a high-quality way.
- A love for design feedback - both receiving and giving. You are someone who consistently shares your work with other designers and your cross-functional team, and who regularly engages with other designers’ work.
Bonus points if…
- You have experience designing systems of record
- You have designed data-rich experiences
- You have worked in B2B SaaS
- You have an excellent understanding and eye for visual design
Why join our Design & Research Team?
We're a passionate group of people who are dedicated to growing together. Currently ~25, our team spans Brand Design, Content Design, Product Design, and Research.
You can learn more about us on our Notion page! It covers who we are as individuals, some of our recent work, how we commit to DE&I, and most importantly — the rituals and rhythms we've invested in as a team to grow as craftspeople and just… people. You can also learn more about how we work on our team website.
- We invest in the personal and professional growth of every employee because we believe growth leads to both business impact and personal fulfillment
- The opportunity to join an experienced and ambitious team that is passionate about solving customers’ needs and loves coming to work every day
- Partner with 5,000+ companies around the world to make sure their employees are engaged and performing at a high level
- A culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development, with continuous learning reimbursements
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits
- Centrally located FiDi office in San Francisco and New York
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
The estimated annual cash salary for this role is $101,750 - $159,000. This position is also eligible for incentive stock options, subject to the terms of Lattice’s applicable plans
Benefits: The Company offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Medical insurance; Dental insurance; Vision insurance; Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance; Emergency Weather Support; Wellness Apps; Paid Parental Leave, Paid Time off inclusive of holidays and sick time; Commuter & Parking Accounts; Lunches in the Office; Workplace Amenities Stipend, Internet and Phone Stipend; One time WFH Office Set-Up Stipend; 401(k) retirement plan; Financial Planning; Learning & Development Budget; Sabbatical Program; and Invest in Your People Fund
*Note on Pay Transparency:
Lattice provides an estimate of the compensation for roles that may be hired as required by state regulations. Compensation may vary based on (a) location, as Lattice factors in specific location when benchmarking compensation for most roles; (b) individual candidate skills and qualifications; and (c) individual candidate experience.
Additionally, Lattice leverages current market data to determine compensation, so posted compensation figures are subject to change as new market data becomes available. The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Lattice reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Lattice is on a mission to build cultures where employees and their companies thrive. In an age where employees have more choices than ever before, businesses that put employees first are winning 🏅– and Lattice is building the tools to empower those people-centric companies.
Lattice is a people success platform that offers performance reviews, employee engagement surveys, real-time feedback, weekly check-ins, goal setting, and career planning in a way that allows companies to focus on employee development, growth, and engagement – yielding stronger employee retention, performance, and impact to the bottom line 📈. Since launching in 2016, we have grown to over 5,000+ customers globally, including brands like Slack, Robinhood, and Gusto.
Lattice is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Lattice is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.