Creative Lead, Art
West Coast, USA
Posted on Saturday, June 3, 2023
The Creative Lead, Art is a senior creative from a design/art direction background who will brainstorm strategic, attention-getting ways for Linktree to share its brand promise with the world and grab headlines. They will think long-term, planning for ways to create culture. As well as short term, taking advantage of opportunities to react to current culture.
Reporting to the Creative Director, they will be focused on nontraditional solutions and brand actions that earn media attention. And then, they will use their impeccable design skill to bring them to life.
What You'll Own
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and cross functional partners to unearth strong insights, identify opportunities, and concept fresh, unexpected ways for Linktree to show up in the world. You'll need to be a prolific ideator, ready to keep ideas flowing.
- Dig in to strategy, punching up briefs and writing your own when necessary. Stay close with Consumer Insights, always on the hunt for opportunities and inspiration.
- Think scrappy! Drive ideas that are rooted in insights that will make people pay attention, rather than rooted in celebrities or million-dollar budgets.
- Help the org build a muscle for always-on, reactive initiatives.
- Bring ideas for traditional advertising just as readily as you do for nontraditional. Help own campaigns, product launches, partnership offers, etc.
- Be a go-to for art direction and design expertise within the team. Bring a passion for crafting work and digging into the details.
- Set a high bar for yourself. Strive to develop work that is creatively and aesthetically ambitious.
- Remain adaptable and comfortable with change. This is a startup, after all.
Who We're Looking For
- 10+ years of experience working in highly conceptual, insight-driven creative departments, with at least a few notable earned media successes.
- Strategic thinker, able to connect the brand with culture in meaningful, smart ways.
- Art direction/design background with strong craft.
- Ability to put creative ideas together in a way that feels complete, gettable, on brief, and on brand.
- Experienced in the creative production process, knowing how to use it as a tool to push the ideas further.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and resilience to keep working at creative projects in the face of rejection or changes.
- Willingness to speak up and voice your opinions on the audience, the brand, etc.
- Tapped into the zeitgeist, especially the creator economy.
- Honesty with colleagues, and with yourself.
Linktree is committed to providing a competitive compensation package. Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $145,000-$205,000 in the San Francisco Bay or Los Angeles area. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate expertise, the scope of role and level, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
P.S. If you don’t tick every box in this ad, please don’t rule yourself out. We take pride in inclusion and hiring incredible human beings with great potential over ticking boxes – so if this role resonates with you, hit that apply button!
Where and How We Work
We are a global and diverse group offering a truly flexible and family friendly work environment. Kids, pets, and the occasional delivery person are all actively encouraged to appear on our Zoom screens. All of us at Linktree work either fully remote or a hybrid "remote, but in-office sometimes" approach.
We currently have offices in Melbourne, Sydney and LA, but our team is spread across Australia, United States, and New Zealand. As our team approaches 200 people, our company will be 10x the size we were in 2020.
We offer autonomy and flexibility in how you structure your days and weeks. There will be the need for some collaboration outside of a "normal" 9-5 being a global company, but we aim to work asynchronously where possible.
Our Culture and Benefits
Linktree's company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
• We recognize that our teammates are individually unique and have designed our benefits with this in mind. Each employee has an annual allowance to use on things like (but not limited to) fitness memberships, development courses, childcare, travel, charitable donations, pet insurance, home office set up - the choice is yours!
• We provide top-flight medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance - we cover 100% of your monthly premiums (and 80% for your dependents).
• 401k matching up to 6%.
• Employee Stock Option Program - we want each and every employee to share in the company’s success as we go further together.
• To learn more about our benefits, including our parental leave program, volunteering leave, DE&I initiatives, and more, click here!
We're on a mission to empower anyone to curate and grow their digital universe. We created the "link in bio" category and are trusted by some of the world's biggest brands and celebrities including TikTok, The UN Environmental Program, The White House, F1, Manchester United, Selena Gomez, Alicia Keys, and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. With a flexible work environment and a team spread across multiple time zones, we offer autonomy and flexibility. Join us in empowering people to control their online presence!