Senior Analytics Engineer
Software Engineering, Data Science
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 6, 2023
Linktree’s Analytics Engineering team is at the forefront of transforming the way Linktree leverages data, working closely with the insights, data platform product and marketing teams to become truly data driven. As an Senior Analytics Engineer at Linktree, you will be the driving force behind scaling how data is consumed at Linktree. Not only will you be modeling some of our most important data sets to gain insights, such as the data that helps us understand the driving factors behind the success of our product or our revenue, we take self-service one step further. You will also build the platform that can be used by Data Analysts, Marketers, Engineers and anyone else who is interested to model their own data to fit their specific needs and not be dependent on a data team. This is your opportunity to make an impact at Linktree and push the boundaries of what is possible with data self-service!
What You'll Own
- Build the platform that allows data analysts, product managers, marketers and other heavy data users to model their own data as well as making that data available in tools of their choosing, such as product analytics tools, BI tools, an experimentation platform or our CRM system.
- Continue leading the transformation to make data a first-class citizen in software development at Linktree. This includes defining standards and providing guidance to product teams who emit the vast majority of our data.
- Build and maintaining robust, efficient and integrated data models. We don’t believe that Analytics Engineers should be painfully cleaning up after others and deal with bad data all day long, if you are faced with a “garbage in, garbage out” situation, you will work with the engineers in our product teams to come up with a better way to emit the raw data.
- You will also provide support to other data users including peer-reviews, training and acting as a data modelling/SQL/dbt SME across various business initiatives.
Who We’re Looking For
- A platform mindset. Data teams main focus is not to do repetitive data transformation and integration jobs for others. The team builds the infrastructure and tools that allows Linktree to perform these tasks at scale by enabling all teams to perform data-related jobs themselves.
- You understand data-driven product development and have experience with the typical tools used by high-performing product teams, such product analytics, experimentation, but also general purpose BI tools.
- Experience in data modelling with the ability to translate business requirements to fit for purpose data products for critical use-cases (reporting to the board, understanding key drivers of product success).
- Experience operating at scale. You have worked on data systems that power a product that serves hundreds of millions of active users.
- Proficient in SQL and experience with working on cloud-based warehouses (experience in Snowflake is a bonus), as well as working with DBT.
Linktree is committed to providing a competitive compensation package. Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $160,000-$200,000 in the San Francisco Bay or Los Angeles area. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate expertise, the scope of role and level, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
P.S. If you don’t tick every box in this ad, please don’t rule yourself out. We take pride in inclusion and hiring incredible human beings with great potential over ticking boxes – so if this role resonates with you, hit that apply button!
Where and How We Work
We are a global and diverse group offering a truly flexible and family friendly work environment. Kids, pets, and the occasional delivery person are all actively encouraged to appear on our Zoom screens. All of us at Linktree work either fully remote or a hybrid "remote, but in-office sometimes" approach.
We currently have offices in Melbourne, Sydney and LA, but our team is spread across Australia, United States, and New Zealand. As our team approaches 200 people, our company will be 10x the size we were in 2020.
We offer autonomy and flexibility in how you structure your days and weeks. There will be the need for some collaboration outside of a "normal" 9-5 being a global company, but we aim to work asynchronously where possible.
Our Culture and Benefits
Linktree's company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
• We recognize that our teammates are individually unique and have designed our benefits with this in mind. Each employee has an annual allowance to use on things like (but not limited to) fitness memberships, development courses, childcare, travel, charitable donations, pet insurance, home office set up - the choice is yours!
• We provide top-flight medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance - we cover 100% of your monthly premiums (and 80% for your dependents).
• 401k matching up to 6%.
• Employee Stock Option Program - we want each and every employee to share in the company’s success as we go further together.
• To learn more about our benefits, including our parental leave program, volunteering leave, DE&I initiatives, and more, click here!
We're on a mission to empower anyone to curate and grow their digital universe. We created the "link in bio" category and are trusted by some of the world's biggest brands and celebrities including TikTok, The UN Environmental Program, The White House, F1, Manchester United, Selena Gomez, Alicia Keys, and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. With a flexible work environment and a team spread across multiple time zones, we offer autonomy and flexibility. Join us in empowering people to control their online presence!