Staff Frontend Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, July 9, 2023
We are looking for Staff Frontend Software Engineers who are great problem solvers, enjoy collaborating with others (not just engineers) that value well-written and tested code. As a Frontend Engineer at Linktree, you’ll be working together with various members and teams to achieve your goals - You’ll dive deep into how we currently work and help us optimize it as you grow into your role. We’re just getting started, so joining us now means a LOT of influence on the direction we’re going.
Location Expectations: Hybrid. We're growing our team in LA and the Bay Area, and plan to have offices in both locations. We expect team members to come into their respective office approximately 2x/week.
Want to know what a day could look like here?
We hire with a people-first approach, so more importantly as a human, you will be collaborative, curious, enjoy solving complex problems and have empathy for the growing pains of a rapidly scaling startup. There are a lot of things we think are great about working at Linktree but we are biased, so here are the key takeaways that most engineers seemed to want to know:
What You'll Own
- We look for engineers with strong product instincts who can own projects and build from 0 -> 1
- Drive collaborative cross-functional architectural evolutions to ensure we continue we uphold industry leading frontend application performance benchmarks for our Linkers as the product evolves.
- Design and drive ways of working that set teams up to deliver high performance and quality software at speed.
- Tech Stack: Primarily use React and React Native front ends with NodeJS backends, written with Typescript. The rest of our stack includes MySQL, Postgres, AWS (DynamoDB, Lambda, ECS, CDK, Glue, Firehose, EventBridge), Snowflake. We have a Symfony + Doctrine PHP monolith with Twig templates, too.
- Ensure that components are functional, elegant, performant, and mobile-friendly
- Understand when and how to run UI tests
- Collaborate with, inspire and motivate a global squad of designers, PMs and engineers across North America and Australia to enable effective execution towards ambitious outcomes.
- You will work in cross-functional teams, where you will have real ownership over a problem end to end.
Who We're Looking FOr
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or technical field, or equivalent experience 6+ years of software development, and 3+ years of React experience
- An appreciation for maintaining core applications, their development and upkeep
- Understand how to balance and advocate for quality in the face of fast moving product delivery cycles
- Comfortable to design and build full stack solutions to drive a north star vision for the frontend
- Prior experience working with component libraries or design teams in user-facing applications
- Deep understanding of front-end architecture and data-driven development
- Interested in moving microservices and microfrontends
- You enjoy helping people, including both your teammates and our users
Linktree is committed to providing a competitive compensation package. Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $175,000-$225,000 in the San Francisco Bay or Los Angeles area. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate expertise, the scope of role and level, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
P.S. If you don’t tick every box in this ad, please don’t rule yourself out. We take pride in inclusion and hiring incredible human beings with great potential over ticking boxes – so if this role resonates with you, hit that apply button!
Where and How We Work
We are a global and diverse group offering a truly flexible and family friendly work environment. Kids, pets, and the occasional delivery person are all actively encouraged to appear on our Zoom screens. All of us at Linktree work either fully remote or a hybrid "remote, but in-office sometimes" approach.
We currently have offices in Melbourne, Sydney and LA, but our team is spread across Australia, United States, and New Zealand. As our team approaches 200 people, our company will be 10x the size we were in 2020.
We offer autonomy and flexibility in how you structure your days and weeks. There will be the need for some collaboration outside of a "normal" 9-5 being a global company, but we aim to work asynchronously where possible.
Our Culture and Benefits
Linktree's company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
• We recognize that our teammates are individually unique and have designed our benefits with this in mind. Each employee has an annual allowance to use on things like (but not limited to) fitness memberships, development courses, childcare, travel, charitable donations, pet insurance, home office set up - the choice is yours!
• We provide top-flight medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance - we cover 100% of your monthly premiums (and 80% for your dependents).
• 401k matching up to 6%.
• Employee Stock Option Program - we want each and every employee to share in the company’s success as we go further together.
• To learn more about our benefits, including our parental leave program, volunteering leave, DE&I initiatives, and more, click here!
We're on a mission to empower anyone to curate and grow their digital universe. We created the "link in bio" category and are trusted by some of the world's biggest brands and celebrities including TikTok, The UN Environmental Program, The White House, F1, Manchester United, Selena Gomez, Alicia Keys, and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. With a flexible work environment and a team spread across multiple time zones, we offer autonomy and flexibility. Join us in empowering people to control their online presence!