AWS Cloud Security Engineer
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2023
The Linktree AWS footprint has grown significantly as Linktree has become a global brand, presenting unique security challenges. We are looking for our first AWS Cloud Security Engineer to define and execute our cloud security strategy.
Reporting to the Head of Security, and working closely with our Developer Platform Team, this role provides an opportunity to shape cloud security at a fast growing tech unicorn. To succeed, you’ll need to be comfortable with code, AWS configuration, and making trade-offs with technical stakeholders.
What You’ll Own
- Develop our AWS security strategy and drive cloud security decision making
- Own information AWS security governance and risk management
- Design and build AWS and CI/CD security controls
- Develop cloud security tools and services
- Analyse and resolve AWS and vulnerabilities
Who We’re Looking For
- 3 years experience working directly with AWS security
- AWS Certified Security or equivalent
- Experience writing backend code, ideally in Typescript
- Experience working with modern CI/CD tools
- Proven ability to make and communicate technical security trade offs
P.S. If you don’t tick every box in this ad, please don’t rule yourself out. We take pride in inclusion and hiring incredible human beings with great potential over ticking boxes – so if this role resonates with you, hit that apply button!
Where and How We Work
We are a global and diverse group offering a truly flexible and family friendly work environment. Kids, pets, and the occasional delivery person are all actively encouraged to appear on our Zoom screens. All of us at Linktree work either fully remote or a hybrid "remote, but in-office sometimes" approach.
We currently have offices in Melbourne, Sydney and LA, but our team is spread across Australia, United States, and New Zealand. As our team approaches 200 people, our company will be 10x the size we were in 2020.
We offer autonomy and flexibility in how you structure your days and weeks. There will be the need for some collaboration outside of a "normal" 9-5 being a global company, but we aim to work asynchronously where possible.
Our Culture and Benefits
Linktree's company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
• We recognize that our teammates are individually unique and have designed our benefits with this in mind. Each employee has an annual allowance to use on things like (but not limited to) fitness memberships, development courses, childcare, travel, charitable donations, pet insurance, home office set up - the choice is yours!
• We provide top-flight medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance - we cover 100% of your monthly premiums (and 80% for your dependents).
• 401k matching up to 6%.
• Employee Stock Option Program - we want each and every employee to share in the company’s success as we go further together.
• To learn more about our benefits, including our parental leave program, volunteering leave, DE&I initiatives, and more, click here!
We're on a mission to empower anyone to curate and grow their digital universe. We created the "link in bio" category and are trusted by some of the world's biggest brands and celebrities including TikTok, The UN Environmental Program, The White House, F1, Manchester United, Selena Gomez, Alicia Keys, and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. With a flexible work environment and a team spread across multiple time zones, we offer autonomy and flexibility. Join us in empowering people to control their online presence!