Director, Corporate Development & Treasury
Accounting & Finance
West Coast, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
The Director of Corporate Development & Treasury is a high-impact role that plays a critical part in driving Linktree’s corporate development function and treasury activities. In this role you will be responsible for building an M&A strategy that aligns with Linktree’s goals and product roadmap, developing theses and strategic rationales for opportunities across our SaaS business as well as adjacencies, building relationships with internal and external stakeholders (VCs, investors, banks, startup founders, incubators, etc.), and negotiating, and executing transactions. Additionally, you will also lead the day-to-day management of the company's treasury functions, including managing the company's banking relationships, investments, FX hedging program, and Employee Stock Option Program.
Reporting to Linktree’s Vice President of Finance, this role will support the Executive Team and work cross-functionally across business operations, product, engineering, business development, marketing, and finance & accounting teams to lead all corporate development activities across the organisation and also ensure that the company's treasury operations are efficient and effective.
This role requires someone who is highly self-motivated, combining exceptional strategic thinking, executive influence and communication skills, cross-functional organisational rigour, sound business judgement, expert quantitative skills, and ability to dig into the details and do the work.
What You’ll Own
- Determine and pursue Linktree’s M&A priorities based on the company’s product vision /objectives and roadmap.
- Identify, scope, lead, and socialise explorations of market sectors and adjacencies that align to Linktree’s strategic objectives.
- Advise on and assist in development of Linktree’s corporate strategy in conjunction with executive management and other company stakeholders, especially with regards to identifying how strategy can be accelerated through acquisitions.
- Develop and maintain a broad network of industry contacts, venture capital investors, and startups to assist in understanding the market and industry trends and building transaction opportunities.
- Lead the M&A transaction process including financial analysis, valuation and transaction structuring, negotiation, diligence, and executive and presentations.
- Oversee the administration of Linktree’s Employee Stock Option Program.
- Manage the company's banking relationships, including negotiating and maintaining banking agreements, and monitoring bank performance.
- Invest the company's cash and other liquid assets in a safe and profitable manner.
- Develop and implement treasury policies and procedures.
- Manage currency exposures by hedging, diversifying, or offsetting currency risk.
Who We’re Looking For
- 10+ years of experience in investment banking, venture capital / private equity, corporate development, corporate finance, or treasury.
- Direct experience leading and overseeing end-to-end M&A processes.
- Demonstrated hypothesis-driven problem solving orientation.
- Extraordinary ability to create structured quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous high-priority projects (including project management of cross-functional teams)
- Relationship-builder who is solutions-oriented; strong personal initiative and good judgement.
- Desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Interest and passion for consumer internet and the creator economy.
Linktree is committed to providing a competitive compensation package. Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $170,000 - $240,000 in the San Francisco Bay or Los Angeles area. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate expertise, the scope of role and level, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
P.S. If you don’t tick every box in this ad, please don’t rule yourself out. We take pride in inclusion and hiring incredible human beings with great potential over ticking boxes – so if this role resonates with you, hit that apply button!
Where and How We Work
We are a global and diverse group offering a truly flexible and family friendly work environment. Kids, pets, and the occasional delivery person are all actively encouraged to appear on our Zoom screens. All of us at Linktree work either fully remote or a hybrid "remote, but in-office sometimes" approach.
We currently have offices in Melbourne, Sydney and LA, but our team is spread across Australia, United States, and New Zealand. As our team approaches 200 people, our company will be 10x the size we were in 2020.
We offer autonomy and flexibility in how you structure your days and weeks. There will be the need for some collaboration outside of a "normal" 9-5 being a global company, but we aim to work asynchronously where possible.
Our Culture and Benefits
Linktree's company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
• We recognize that our teammates are individually unique and have designed our benefits with this in mind. Each employee has an annual allowance to use on things like (but not limited to) fitness memberships, development courses, childcare, travel, charitable donations, pet insurance, home office set up - the choice is yours!
• We provide top-flight medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance - we cover 100% of your monthly premiums (and 80% for your dependents).
• 401k matching up to 6%.
• Employee Stock Option Program - we want each and every employee to share in the company’s success as we go further together.
• To learn more about our benefits, including our parental leave program, volunteering leave, DE&I initiatives, and more, click here!
We're on a mission to empower anyone to curate and grow their digital universe. We created the "link in bio" category and are trusted by some of the world's biggest brands and celebrities including TikTok, The UN Environmental Program, The White House, F1, Manchester United, Selena Gomez, Alicia Keys, and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. With a flexible work environment and a team spread across multiple time zones, we offer autonomy and flexibility. Join us in empowering people to control their online presence!