Staff Data Engineer
Linktree’s Data Platform team is at the forefront of transforming the way Linktree leverages data, working closely with the insights, analytics engineering, product and marketing teams to become truly data driven.
As a Staff Data Engineer at Linktree, you will be the driving force behind scaling how data is consumed at Linktree. Not only will you be modeling some of our most important data sets to gain insights, such as the data that helps us understand the driving factors behind the success of our product or our revenue, we take self-service one step further. You will also build the platform that can be used by Data Analysts, Marketers, Engineers and anyone else who is interested to model their own data to fit their specific needs and not be dependent on a data team.
This is your opportunity to make an impact at Linktree and push the boundaries of what is possible with data self-service!
Location Expectations: Hybrid. We're growing our team in LA and the Bay Area, and plan to have offices in both locations. We expect team members to come into their respective office 2x/week.
What You Will Do
- Develop and implement the strategy for the Data Platform in close collaboration with other data and engineering leaders.
- Continue leading the transformation to make data a first-class citizen in software development at Linktree. This includes providing other teams with the self-service capabilities to ingest, transform, consume and integrate data with other systems for both production and analytics use-cases.
- You will be building and improving data-driven systems including, but not limited to, instrumentation at the source, event ingestion, event brokers, data warehouses, pipelines and integration systems used to activate data in third parties, such as an experimentation platform, product analytics and marketing tooling.
- Ensure our data platform continues to scale with our rapidly growing user base and ever-evolving product. Linktree’s growth constantly creates new challenges like needing to master data governance and discoverability with many different teams producing data, or hitting the scalability limits of cloud providers.
What We Are Looking For
- A platform mindset. Our Data Platform team does not do repetitive data transformation and integration jobs for others. The team builds the infrastructure and tools that allows Linktree to perform these tasks at scale by enabling all teams to perform data-related jobs themselves.
- Data as well as a software engineering background. Our data platform spans from the SDKs that our teams use to emit and consume data in front- and back-end applications to the integration with various third-party systems, including everything in between (data ingestion, event brokers, data persistence, etc.). To be successful in your role you’ll need to be proficient in both. Having worked with distributed, event-driven systems is a plus.
- Experience operating at scale. You have worked on data systems that power a product that serves hundreds of millions of active users.
Linktree is committed to providing a competitive compensation package. Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $175,000-$225,000 in the San Francisco Bay or Los Angeles area. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate expertise, the scope of role and level, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
P.S. If you don’t tick every box in this ad, please don’t rule yourself out. We take pride in inclusion and hiring incredible human beings with great potential over ticking boxes – so if this role resonates with you, hit that apply button!
Where and How We Work
We are a global and diverse group offering a truly flexible and family friendly work environment. Kids, pets, and the occasional delivery person are all actively encouraged to appear on our Zoom screens. All of us at Linktree work either fully remote or a hybrid approach.
We currently have offices in Melbourne, LA and (soon to be) SF but our team is spread across Australia, United States, Europe and New Zealand. As our team approaches 200 people, our company will be 10x the size we were in 2020.
We offer autonomy and flexibility in how you structure your days and weeks. There will be the need for some collaboration outside of a "normal" 9-5 being a global company, but we aim to work asynchronously where possible.
How we’ll help you thrive
Our approach to benefits considers the whole person and the unique contributions they bring to Linktree. We want the experience at Linktree to be one that enables people to truly thrive so we can Go Further Together. Some ways we support you:
An annual wellbeing allowance ($7,000 AUD / $4,900 USD) to use on things like (but not limited to) fitness memberships, development courses, childcare, travel, charitable donations, pet insurance, home office set up - the choice is yours!
100% coverage (and 80% for your dependents) of your monthly premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
401K matching for you to save towards retirement.
Generous time off for vacation, holidays, parental leave, volunteer time and other categories.
Employee Stock Option Program - we want each and every employee to share in the company’s success as we go further together.
We believe in promoting a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, talents, and experiences. We are creating an inclusive workplace where every individual feels valued, respected, and has equal opportunities to thrive. To learn more about our benefits, including our parental leave program, volunteering leave, DE&I initiatives, and more, click here!
We're on a mission to empower anyone to curate, grow and monetize their digital universe. We created the "link in bio" category and are trusted by some of the world's biggest brands and celebrities including TikTok, The UN Environmental Program, The White House, F1, Manchester United, Olivia Rodrigo and Selena Gomez. With over 40,000 new accounts created everyday, Linktree is the fastest growing leader in our category. Linktree has partnered with some of today’s biggest names like Amazon, TikTok, Snap, YouTube, GoFundMe, Spotify, Google, Stripe, Reddit and more to help unify users’ digital spaces— and we’re just getting started. Join us in empowering everyone from businesses to creatives in building their online presence.
At Linktree, we celebrate and support everyone’s perspective and background, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We aim to foster a diverse and inclusive environment where all team members have a sense of belonging, because we believe in going further together. Linktree welcomes all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience. If you require accommodations to fully participate in our opportunities, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org – your needs are important to us.