Consumer Insights Lead
Posted on Tuesday, April 4, 2023
In the time it takes you to read this job ad, around 100 new Linkers will have signed up to Linktree. Since 2020, Linktree has 🚀 from 4M to 30M+ accounts, scaling from 20 to over 200 team members, and bringing a marketplace, new brand, and iOS and Android apps to Linkers along the way.
To learn more about how we work (and get the 101 on our amazing, flexible benefits offering), keep reading.
As a Consumer Insights Lead at Linktree, you'll be an expert in conducting research, mining multiple data sources, deriving actionable insights, and translating complex results into simple conclusions that will empower the marketing function to drive business results. This role sits at the intersection of human and business insights, and will partner with product and integrated marketing teams to gather data around hypotheses and assist in infusing that into strong go-to-market strategies.
You will lead the creation and execution of custom research driven by a need to understand the business and our Linkers deeply. You are the type of person who enjoys connecting the dots across multiple areas of the business and synthesizes information across multiple sources (quant, qual, behavioral, etc.) to provide a clear and concise story. You don’t get bogged down by analysis paralysis and are even energized by the possibilities that conducting research across multiple platforms provides.
In this role you will:
- Bring the voice of the consumer into the conversation in a way that can have an immediate impact on the business, even when your points may be controversial.
- Execute quantitative studies, including questionnaire development and survey programming, and qualitative studies, including focus-group or ethnography materials, potential moderation, including in-depth interviews, focus groups, etc.
- Synthesize data (from both internal and external sources), analyze it to extract insights, and translate it into a clear and compelling story
- Focus on mining and utilizing social data in order to drive cultural insights
- Uncover relevant insights with the ability to shift from the details to the big picture seamlessly
- Ensure the organization is serving the needs of the consumer today and into the future.
- 5-7 years of experience in Consumer Insights or Market Research on the client and/or agency side and a passion for research and data storytelling.
- Strong marketing instincts and understanding of industry trends with a proven track record of providing insights to shape and execute strategic campaigns.
- Analytics background and a high degree of proficiency with research and data tools.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that's both high-growth and startup in nature.
- Expert collaborator with experience working across multiple functions and levels of leadership
- Global mindset; experience working across multiple geographies.
Where & How We Work
We are a global, diverse group across age, gender, and race and offer a truly flexible and family friendly work environment. Kids, pets, and the occasional delivery person are all actively encouraged to appear on our Zoom screens. All of us at Linktree work either fully remote or a hybrid "remote, but in-office sometimes" approach and that will continue even when COVID is behind us.
We currently have offices in Melbourne, Sydney and LA is coming next, but our team is spread across Australia, United States, and New Zealand. Growing from 20 people in early 2020, to 50 in 2021 and over 200 in 2023, Linktree is still growing!
Being globally distributed doesn't mean working to one timezone and we offer autonomy and flexibility in how you structure your days and weeks. There will be the need for some collaboration outside of a "normal" 9-5 being a global company, but we aim to work asynchronously where possible.
Our Culture & Benefits
Linktree's company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We recognize that our team are individually unique and have designed our benefits with this in mind. Each person has an annual allowance of $4,900 USD (pre-tax, pro-rata based on start date) to use on things like (but not limited to) fitness memberships, development courses, childcare, travel, charitable donations, pet insurance, green energy - the choice is theirs!
- 401k matching up to 6%
- We provide top-flight medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance - we cover 100% of your monthly premiums (and 80% for your dependents).
- Employee Stock Option Program - we want each and every employee to share in the company’s success as we go further together.
- We have a paid 18-week parental leave program that is inclusive of birth and non-birthing parents and supports the whole parenting lifecycle. We also offer 4 weeks of paid leave for early pregnancy loss and the full parental leave for later pregnancy loss, in addition to a support program.
- We are proud to offer all regular full-time and part-time employees 20 hours paid volunteering leave per calendar year.
- Flexibility is at the core of Linktree, so whether you prefer fully remote, the office, or a bit of both, the choice is up to you. We trust you to get the work done.
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training for all staff on neurodiversity, unconscious bias, and the incorporation of a transpositive inclusion policy.
- We prioritize our team's mental health, with all employees having free access to Headspace and Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors.
The Linktree Story
We created and defined the “link in bio” category in 2016 to solve a common pain point for creators, brands and businesses: they had no way to consolidate their content and digital identities. The internet was becoming increasingly fragmented, so we launched a simple tool that allows anyone to manage their corner of the digital universe. We’re giving our users control of how the world discovers them – because why should you be defined by only one link?
Fast forward to 2023: Linktree is now used by some of the world’s biggest brands including TikTok, The LA Clippers, The UN Environmental Program, Manchester United, and Wear it Purple, as well as celebrities including Selena Gomez, Alicia Keys, Shawn Mendes, and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.
With close to 40,000 signups per day (and no sign of stopping), we’re on a mission to empower anyone to curate and grow their digital universe – come join us for this ride!
P.S. If you don’t tick every box in this ad, please don’t rule yourself out just yet. We’ve seen the research that people from underrepresented backgrounds tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks. We take pride in inclusion and hiring incredible human beings with great potential over ticking boxes – so if this role resonates with you, hit that apply button!
At Linktree, we celebrate and support everyone’s perspective and background, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We aim to foster a diverse and inclusive environment where all team members have a sense of belonging, because we believe in going further together. Linktree welcomes all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
See more open positions at Linktree
Something looks off?