VP of People
People & HR
West Coast, USA
Posted on Monday, May 1, 2023
In the time it takes you to read this job ad, around 100 new Linkers will have signed up to Linktree. Since 2020, Linktree has 🚀 from 4M to 35M+ accounts, scaling from 20 to over 200 team members, and bringing a marketplace, new brand, and iOS and Android apps to Linkers along the way.
To learn more about how we work (and get the 101 on our amazing, flexible benefits offering), keep reading.
The VP of People & Culture will be integral to the creation, development and execution of the people strategy for Linktree. This role will be a strategic partner to our CEO and ELT through effectively managing all aspects of P & C within Linktree. This person will also provide strong leadership, direction and guidance to all members of the People & Culture Team (inclusive of People Operations and Talent Acquisition). Further, this role will strive to attract, retain, engage, and grow talent within the organisation.
What you will own:
- Lead the People Function inclusive of the Talent Acquisition and People Operations teams.
- Serve as a key thought partner for the company, including partnering with our CEO and Executive Leadership Team (ELT) to advise on People strategy and everyday people management.
- Partner with our ELT to define and embed a high performance culture inclusive of reviewing and embedding new values and ways of working within the company.
- Partner with our ELT on various other key change management processes inclusive of organisation design and global mobility.
- Partner with our VP Finance and VP Legal to build and operationalise an attractive compensation philosophy that appeals to the highest performers inclusive of both long and short term incentives.
- Design and implement our DEIB strategy across Linktree ensuring that all people processes are created with the lense of ensuring all of our Linkies belong.
- Iterate on our current learning and development processes to ensure they align to our People strategy in order to foster a culture of high performance.
- Design and embed a training series to up-skill our people leaders.
- Continue to develop and refine processes across the Talent function to ensure an incredible experience for all candidates from application to onboarding.
- Act as the source of escalation for all employee relations matters.
- Develop innovative ways to drive employee engagement and build a dynamic and authentic culture that allows employees to collaborate, create value, and thrive across a globally distributed workforce.
- Create the systems and processes for a data-driven people function, creating a culture of accountability with a focus on delivering measurable results (eg, the data and systems to drive workforce planning, convey the health of the organization to the executive team)
What we are looking for:
- Experience managing multiple functions within a People Org at a high paced, technology company (compensation, benefits, L&D, Talent Acquisition, onboarding, workplace, engagement, etc)
- Experience designing and leading large scale cultural change projects alongside executives
- Experience designing and leading DEI initiatives with proven results for hiring, promotion, and retention
- You’ve led companies through the startup complexities of rapid scaling and love it!
- Ability to work in ambiguity and anticipate challenges and solutions before they arise
- You approach challenges with creativity and curiosity; you’ve seen what good looks like and want to do better
- For this role, a qualified candidate must be willing to relocate or currently reside on the West Coast
Where & How We Work
We are a global, diverse group across age, gender, and race and offer a truly flexible and family friendly work environment. Kids, pets, and the occasional delivery person are all actively encouraged to appear on our Zoom screens. All of us at Linktree work either fully remote or a hybrid "remote, but in-office sometimes" approach and that will continue even when COVID is behind us.
We currently have offices in Melbourne, Sydney and LA is coming next, but our team is spread across Australia, United States, and New Zealand. Growing from 20 people in early 2020, to 50 in 2021 and over 200 in 2023, Linktree is still growing!
Being globally distributed doesn't mean working to one timezone and we offer autonomy and flexibility in how you structure your days and weeks. There will be the need for some collaboration outside of a "normal" 9-5 being a global company, but we aim to work asynchronously where possible.
Our Culture & Benefits
Linktree's company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We recognize that our team are individually unique and have designed our benefits with this in mind. Each person has an annual allowance of $4,900 USD (pre-tax, pro-rata based on start date) to use on things like (but not limited to) fitness memberships, development courses, childcare, travel, charitable donations, pet insurance, green energy - the choice is theirs!
- 401k matching up to 6%
- We provide top-flight medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance - we cover 100% of your monthly premiums (and 80% for your dependents).
- Employee Stock Option Program - we want each and every employee to share in the company’s success as we go further together.
- We have a paid 18-week parental leave program that is inclusive of birth and non-birthing parents and supports the whole parenting lifecycle. We also offer 4 weeks of paid leave for early pregnancy loss and the full parental leave for later pregnancy loss, in addition to a support program.
- We are proud to offer all regular full-time and part-time employees 20 hours paid volunteering leave per calendar year.
- Flexibility is at the core of Linktree, so whether you prefer fully remote, the office, or a bit of both, the choice is up to you. We trust you to get the work done.
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training for all staff on neurodiversity, unconscious bias, and the incorporation of a transpositive inclusion policy.
- We prioritize our team's mental health, with all employees having free access to Headspace and Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors.
The Linktree Story
We created and defined the “link in bio” category in 2016 to solve a common pain point for creators, brands and businesses: they had no way to consolidate their content and digital identities. The internet was becoming increasingly fragmented, so we launched a simple tool that allows anyone to manage their corner of the digital universe. We’re giving our users control of how the world discovers them – because why should you be defined by only one link?
Fast forward to 2023: Linktree is now used by some of the world’s biggest brands including TikTok, The LA Clippers, The UN Environmental Program, Manchester United, and Wear it Purple, as well as celebrities including Selena Gomez, Alicia Keys, Shawn Mendes, and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.
With close to 40,000 signups per day (and no sign of stopping), we’re on a mission to empower anyone to curate and grow their digital universe – come join us for this ride!
P.S. If you don’t tick every box in this ad, please don’t rule yourself out just yet. We’ve seen the research that people from underrepresented backgrounds tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks. We take pride in inclusion and hiring incredible human beings with great potential over ticking boxes – so if this role resonates with you, hit that apply button!
At Linktree, we celebrate and support everyone’s perspective and background, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We aim to foster a diverse and inclusive environment where all team members have a sense of belonging, because we believe in going further together. Linktree welcomes all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
See more open positions at Linktree
Something looks off?