VP - Marketing
What is Lokal
Lokal - India's largest hyperlocal platform in Indian languages is focussed on building a world-class product for non-english speakers in India by providing them local information, classifieds and evolving with more meaningful use cases every day. We are operational in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka with 10M+ downloads as on today.
One platform for all of regional India’s needs.
Lokal(Behtar Technology Private Limited), headquartered in Bengaluru was founded by IIT Alumni, Jani Pasha and Vipul Chaudhary in the year 2018 to build Web 2.0 for tier 2 & tier 3 cities in India. We recently raised our Series A from a global Marquee VC. Lokal also has YCombinator, 3one4 capital, India Quotient, RB Investment as investors
We are being heard: Tech Crunch, Forbes, Economic Times
Who is a VP - Marketing for us:
As a key member of the leadership team, the marketing head will drive the development and execution of a comprehensive marketing strategy in-line with the overall business strategy and will be responsible for all aspects of marketing be it consumer, research, media, analytics etc. He/She will also be responsible for leading the PR, and communication strategy.
You are the right fit if you have:
- Lead the Marketing Department for development and execution of marketing initiatives, communications, events, and campaigns that elevate the brand
- Develop a comprehensive marketing strategy along with the business team and execute on the plan agreed
- Collaborate closely with other category heads and product teams and leverage internal and external relationships for growth of brand
- Conduct thorough analysis on marketing ROI and successfully develop cost effective solutions
- Develop and implement the organization's multi-channel, multi-segment marketing campaign based on industry-leading insight
- Handle all agencies, partners, vendors and associations to create a positive external and internal image associated with brand recognition
- Spearhead the creation and maintenance of the organization's digital footprint, while effectively utilizing performance marketing, social media marketing and content marketing
- Full time MBA from Tier 1 B-schools
- Strong experience in B2C Industry
- Ready to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly analytical and data led
- Familiarity with marketing analytical tools
- Strong Digital Marketing Skills and experience
- Strong skills at management and analysis of the entire acquisition funnel from creative design to media buying to user acquisition
We would be the best fit for you if you:
- Passionate about Marketing, and have a continuous growth mindset focussed on maximizing long-term learning and returns
- Enjoy working in high accountability, high responsibility environment
- Want to work on something meaningful instead of just following the herd
- Want to learn other facets of company building, even more so if you want to be an entrepreneur in future
Brownie points if you:
- Have previously worked in fast-paced startup environments with a small-medium org size
- Possess conversational knowledge of any of the regional languages in India
- Regularly spend a lot of time-consuming knowledge relevant to marketing and startups in various forms - articles, books, podcasts, documentaries etc...
We are not the best fit for you if:
- You are satisfied with where you are in life and do not want to push to learn/grow further
- You believe that the best products are built by following your instincts instead of listening to users
- You are fundamentally risk-averse
- You like working in a structured environment or being explicitly told what to do at every step
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work on something that impacts the lives of millions of people on a daily basis.
- High autonomy; freedom to take risks, to experiment, and to fail.
- A set of team-mates who are passionate about their work, love collaborating, and are always approachable.
- A chance to stay personally engaged with your co-workers (even if everyone’s working from home) through employee initiatives like our highly active meme channel, book club, weekly crosswords, monthly game nights, and - when the pandemic allows it - outdoor competitive sports!
Something looks off?