Director - Insurer Relations, Bangalore
The Director of Insurance Relations is responsible for overseeing the relationships between the organization and its insurance partners. The role involves developing and implementing strategies to strengthen and maintain positive relationships with insurance companies, brokers, and other stakeholders in the insurance industry. The
Director of Insurance Relations will work collaboratively with internal teams to ensure that the organization's insurance needs are met, including negotiating contracts, managing claims, and ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Develop and implement strategies to establish and maintain positive relationships with insurance partners
- Negotiate and manage contracts, SLA, and delivery velocity with insurance companies and TPA
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to ensure that the organization's insurance needs are met
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on insurance-related matters, including risk management and compliance with regulations
- Manage claims and endorsements with the Insurers and report any delays proactively
- Monitor insurance industry trends and provide guidance to the organization on potential impacts on insurance coverage or pricing
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and understanding of insurance regulations and compliance requirements
- Collaborate with other internal team to ensure that insurance requirements are met for projects and initiatives
- Prepare reports and presentations on insurance-related matters for senior management
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related field; Master's degree preferred
- 15+ years of experience in insurance relations, risk management, or related field out of which 7+ years in a leadership role
- Strong understanding of insurance industry practices and regulations
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret data to make informed decisions
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful strategies for managing insurance relationships with Indian insurers and TPAs
- Experience managing and developing teams
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
Founded in 2018, we believe that health benefits should be simple, useful, and holistic. We’re on a mission to bring quality and value back together in healthcare.
We use technology to enable affordable insurance and super-accessible healthcare. We’re the only insurance broker that uses technology to help companies care for their employees. We don’t just help pay the claim—members trust Loop to guide them to better doctors, better care, at lower costs.
We're proud to serve 500+ companies and insure 300,000+ employees for their insurance and healthcare needs. We’ve raised more than $40m+ from Elevation Capital, Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst, and other world-class investors who believe in our vision of rebuilding healthcare and insurance from the ground up.
Join us in serving the best health benefits to modern companies in India. Let’s revolutionize modern healthcare together! Loop Health values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Something looks off?