About Us and the Role:
At Lula, we operate at the intersection of insurance and technology, specializing in innovative insurance products for commercial auto, trucking, and providing risk management SaaS tools for businesses of all sizes. Over the last year, we've seen exponential growth, 10x'ing in size and revenue, and we're just getting started. Our mission? Making insurance accessible to everyone on the planet.
We're now looking for an Entry/Mid-Level Compliance Analyst to help us navigate the complex landscape of privacy and compliance regulations. This role is crucial to our success and growth, requiring a candidate with a robust understanding of legal mandates, exceptional research abilities, and a passion for technology, privacy, and compliance.
As a Compliance Analyst, you will:
- Spearhead the establishment and sustainment of internal compliance policies and procedures. This includes creating training materials and monitoring adherence continuously.
- Partner with stakeholders across development teams to advise on legal aspects during product development, ensuring all products and services comply with relevant regulations.
- Stay ahead of the curve by conducting thorough research on recent updates, trends, and best practices in CCPA, privacy laws, FCRA, and other applicable regulations.
- Identify potential risks and liabilities from non-compliance, and devise strategies to mitigate these risks.
- Assist in documenting data assets and determining data ownership for all assets.
- Create an inventory of pertinent statutes, regulations, and contractual obligations, making sure our company is abreast of all relevant compliance requirements.
- Proficiency with data privacy and security technologies, such as encryption, tokenization, and access controls.
- Familiarity with software development methodologies, and experience collaborating with cross-functional teams, including product managers, developers, and QA engineers.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret technical documentation, such as API specifications, data flow diagrams, and system architecture.
- Experience with data mapping and data classification tools is a plus.
- Holder of a Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., Law, Computer Science, Information Systems) or possess equivalent experience.
- Experienced, with 1-3 years in compliance, privacy, or a related field, preferably within a technology-focused organization.
- Knowledgeable about applicable regulations, such as CCPA, privacy laws, and FCRA.
- A skilled researcher with superior analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- An excellent communicator, adept at explaining intricate legal concepts to non-legal colleagues.
- Detail-oriented, capable of working independently or as part of a team.
Living by our values of Customer Obsession, Respect, Humility, Ruthless Persistence, Think Big, and It's Always Day 1, we're not just aiming for success—we're gearing for impact. If you're ready to take on the challenge and make a difference, we'd love to hear from you. Apply today!
The full compensation is based on candidate experience and qualifications.