Staff Technical Program Manager - Hardware Devices
Mason is the only fully managed infrastructure for developing and delivering dedicated devices. We make it easy for anyone to turn an idea into a smart product and ship it to anywhere in the world. Our mission is to enable our customers to create smart and sustainable products on behalf of humanity.
We're looking for a seasoned technical program manager (TPM) who has defined and led the development of complex mobile or IoT devices, going from ideation to production through sustaining and sunset. This position is critical for our next phase of growth and will work with the leadership team, product managers, and external partners on a daily basis.
Mason needs a combination of grit, smarts, ingenuity, and diverse perspectives. Check out our values and see if they resonate!
What you’ll do:
You’ll help deliver our next generation of foundational hardware products that are core components of Mason’s enterprise solutions. You’ll accomplish this by coordinating with numerous functions and external partners to plan, execute, and deliver these programs from start to finish.
- Plan, execute, and deliver programs from start to finish. Using a well-structured product development process, you will help the teams plan and deliver complex hardware programs from inception to production.
- Lead through influence. Programs can get stuck for many reasons, and as a TPM you’ll need to be able to rapidly diagnose a situation and come up with a set of solutions for teams to consider. Help others understand the trade-offs that can be made to ensure a program’s success.
- Mentor a group of TPMs to share experiences and best practices of device program development. As a TPM leader, you will help to raise the bar for Device TPM practices
- Bridge between technical and business functions. Use your deep technical background and strong understanding of company goals to help the different facets of the business work together.
- Help plan and prioritize resources. Every startup is resource-constrained, and as a TPM you must help Mason understand where our resources can be deployed most effectively. Understand and demonstrate trade-offs between multiple programs.
- Create and refine our development processes. Program management at Mason is all about efficiency. As a TPM you will be looking for ways to run programs more smoothly and efficiently in the future, by conducting project retrospectives and refining our product development process accordingly.
- Support external partnerships. Work with key partners, vendors, and ODM/JDM/CMs to build, track and deliver our hardware programs. Ensure communication is clear and rapid, and that key relationships stay healthy.
- Communicate program status clearly. Provide rolling updates on a program’s status in clear, concise language suitable for broad audiences. Use well-summarized data to underline your statements.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of technical program/project management experience delivering end user-facing products and services
- Proven track record of shipping SoC-based hardware products
- Experience working with and guiding APAC-based manufacturing partners
- Strong lean product development methodologies and tools
- Relentlessly high standards for product quality and program delivery
- Experience managing and successfully delivering large-scale projects with complex dependencies and constraints from start to finish
- Data-driven decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience implementing and running agile development processes
Bonus points for:
- Experience with medical, IoT, or cellular devices
- JIRA and Confluence expertise
- Experience with Android device development
Salary Range: 140,000 to 170,000 USD
In addition to the base salary, full-time employees are eligible for participation in Mason’s annual discretionary bonus plan and equity plan, subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay based on exemption status. Compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate including their skills, experience level, qualifications, location, and other job-related reasons.We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks Mason offers to help employees grow.
Benefits and Perks:
- Remote-forward: Employees may choose to work fully remote, in-office, or hybrid.
- Generous PTO: Flexible PTO plan or generous accrued PTO, plus monthly mental health days during the pandemic.
- Parental Leave: Caring for a new child is an exciting time for parents! We offer 16 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Healthcare: Fully paid premiums of medical, dental & vision insurance for you, your spouse & dependents. Coverage starts 1st of the month, on or after hire.
- Fitness & Wellness: Quarterly reimbursement for qualified fitness & wellness expenses.
- Retirement: Tax-advantaged 401k account to help you reach your retirement goals.
- FSA: Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter FSAs for tax-advantaged savings toward eligible expenses.
- Home Office: Spot bonus & monthly stipend for qualified home office expenses.
- Commuter/Food: Monthly bonus to supplement commuter & food costs.
Full benefits are offered to regular full-time employees. Part-time employees participate on a limited basis.