Senior Backend/DevOps Developer
Join Metaspectral and be a part of shaping the future of computer vision software! We deliver cutting-edge technology capable of remotely identifying materials and determining their properties, chemical composition, and defects that are invisible to conventional cameras. We achieve this through our hybrid on-premise/cloud platform and AI-powered analysis of hyperspectral sensor data in real-time. Our solutions are already being used across a range of industries including aerospace, defense, agriculture, and manufacturing.
As a Senior Backend Developer at Metaspectral, you will have the opportunity to work on innovative hardware and software products that analyze large amounts of data in real-time. You will play a key role in defining new products and capabilities, helping to continuously enhance our service offering. Our work environment is friendly, professional, dynamic, and flexible, offering a small company experience with ample opportunity for personal growth and increased responsibility.
- Work across the backend technology stack, including integration with FPGA, microservices, and cloud
- Write high-quality code that meets deliverable deadlines, including unit, integration, API, contract tests, and more
- Participate in code reviews to ensure excellence in code quality and eliminate technical debt
- Drive technical leadership in your area of expertise, following and evolving DevOps practices and tools
- Collaborate with the team and adapt to changing priorities with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor of Engineering/Science in Computer Engineering/Science
- Proficient in Python and relevant libraries (Fast API, Flask, Celery, Requests, Numpy, Pandas, etc.)
- Experience with Kubernetes and managing clusters
- Ability to develop web applications and microservices in Python
- Knowledge of containerization technologies (e.g. Docker)
- Proficient in using both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience deploying applications on the cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Proven agile experience, including using issue tracking software (Jira, Redmine, etc.), version control software (Git, SVN, etc.), and code reviews
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident or valid work visa
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role
- 5+ years of experience
- Knowledge of asynchronous message queues, such as Redis (pub/sub and streams)
- Experience deploying ML/deep learning backends to the cloud
- Experience with scalable cloud system design and deployment
Perks and Culture:
- Competitive salary and stock options based on experience
- Unlimited vacation time (depending on mutual trust)
- Friday happy hours with beer and games
- Flexible working hours, with a focus on work-life balance
- The opportunity to be part of a company where rest is seen as the secret to productivity!
Note: Only candiates from Canada will be considered for this role.
Something looks off?