Fullstack Engineer, Web
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 4, 2022
At Midpoint Labs, our mission is to build the portal between the rich ecosystem of Web 2 endpoints and the emerging landscape of Web 3 applications. Blockchain smart contracts are inherently restricted to communicating exclusively with other smart contracts - preventing developers from building applications beyond moving and exchanging crypto assets. True consumer and enterprise applications need to interact with a variety of services, most of which live off of the blockchain.
As a Fullstack Engineer you will be responsible for the design and development of our customer facing web dashboard. This dashboard will serve as the primary interface for our customers to configure and visualize the on-chain product we are offering. You will work alongside our founding software engineers and have technical decision making authority on customer-facing elements of our core product. We want someone who is comfortable in a role that has the responsibility of defining large technical components of a new product.
Why work at Midpoint Labs?
- Our entire team is technical. The blockchain space is still nascent and to build something meaningful today you need a technical team and leadership that understands blockchain at a protocol level. No more explaining what can and can’t be done in a smart contract to non-technical PMs and execs.
- Our founding team is experienced. Our founder left school in 2019 to grow a hardware/computer-vision startup from tinkering in a Stanford dorm room to a $240M business with hardware deployed across the country. We understand how to start and grow a company and intend to use those lessons to grow quickly.
- We are venture-backed and we work in-office. We are fully venture-backed with $3M in capital and are deploying it to build a strong engineering team. Working out of out office in San Francisco provides for rapid communication and development that is necessary to get a product from zero to one. No more developing on discord or waiting to hear back on grant funding.
- We are a blockchain infrastructure company, not a cryptocurrency company. In order to build a sustainable business, you need to provide a service with a recurring source of revenue. Too many companies in the blockchain space instead opt for business models based on price speculation. We understand that this works in a bull market but does not work in the long-run.
- 3+ years as a Fullstack Engineer, Frontend Engineer, React Engineer, or similar role.
- Experience building customer-facing web applications.
- Experience with backend frameworks including Node.js, Angular, Django, Flask.
- Experience working on projects from conception to completion.
- Experience working alongside designers and/or design firms.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- (Optional) Experience integrating a frontend with Metamask and other browser-based blockchain wallets.
- (Optional) Experience with querying data from decentralized sources (ex. IPFS, Arweave, ENS, The Graph).
- (Optional) High-level experience with deploying smart contracts and/or building frontend interfaces for smart contract calls.