We are excited to say that Imperfect Foods has joined the Misfits Market family. We’re a bunch of Misfits who come together every day to offer something other than the traditional grocery store shopping trip. We are an one in a melon kind of company - growing faster than our veggies and fruits. We don’t skip a beet on making high-quality food, more affordable and berry accessible to more people every day. Since 2018, we’ve built a full online grocery store that has rescued more than 228 million pounds of food. Fixing a broken food system isn’t easy peasy lemon squeezy, but we’re doing it everyday!
Based on your qualifications, our recruiters will find the pear-fect fit for you on our delivery routes. We know our customers will be grape-ful for you to join our sweet as honey delivery team to get their boxes to their doorsteps.
What we will do for you:
- Company van will be provided for the delivery routes
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Competitive Annual Salary - $65,000/yr.
- Free groceries
About the Role:
As the Delivery Supervisor you will be responsible for overseeing the Delivery Truck Drivers on the East Coast. You will ensure all routes are set up properly for success prior to and during the delivery windows. You will also be responsible for ensuring all of our trucks are in proper operating condition in preparation for deliveries. While this is a Supervisor position, approximately 30-40% of your day will include driving routes as needed. This role is based out of our Hanover, MD facility and is an overnight role 8:30 pm - 5:30 am.
- Ensure all routes depart in a timely fashion.
- Act as backup for extra routes if needed for drivers to ensure all deliveries are completed daily.
- Train and audit delivery truck drivers on the team.
- Provide feedback and mentor the delivery truck team on performance and assist with continued improvement.
- Maintain and document the condition of CDL truck fleet daily and coordinate on continued upkeep.
- Operate vehicle safely within DOT regulations that govern safe driving, hours of service, inspection, maintenance, and transportation of materials
- Assisting in loading trucks while utilizing a forklift
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must possess a valid commercial driver's license for at least 2 years
- 2 years of delivery experience
- 1 year of logistics experience preferred
- Must have a working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspection, and maintenance, and driving for extended periods of time
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Superior problem-solving skills