Senior Warehouse Manager
Misfits Market is a mission-driven, high-growth startup dedicated to reducing food waste and making shopping for sustainable, high-quality groceries easier and more affordable. We deliver organic produce, high-quality meats and seafood, plant-based proteins, dairy, bakery, wine, and other grocery items to nearly every zip code in 48 states at up to 30 percent off traditional grocery store prices. In 2022, Misfits Market acquired sustainable e-grocer Imperfect Foods and now leverages its in-house transportation network to deliver directly to consumers with one of the most carbon-efficient grocery delivery models on the market. By tackling inefficiencies in the food system, our passionate and motivated team of problem solvers helps save an average of 500,000 pounds of food per week from waste or lesser outcomes, with an all-time savings of 190+ million pounds of food
As Misfits we support our customers and mission by embracing our core values of:
Prioritizing our Customers Doing more with less
Thinking Differently Respecting one another
Moving deliberately and quickly Taking initiative and delivering
The Senior Warehouse Manager will report to the Fulfillment Center Director of Operations.This individual will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations on the warehouse floor while being a supporter of change, growth, and development to a large team of individuals. They will be accountable for all aspects of warehouse performance and will ensure that objectives are attained in an efficient and quality focused environment. They will manage scheduling, oversee daily operations reports, and increase warehouse organization and inventory accuracy by providing leadership and developing strategic plans. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with an analytical mind, an agent of change, and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create new policies and procedures that improve productivity at the fulfillment center and enforce Misfit Market’s Safety Standards.
- Lead the HACCP Team and partner with other site Leaders to maintain the HACCP Plans and monitor adherence to GMPs and all SQF Program requirements.
- Support all areas of the fulfillment center and oversee daily task execution. Ensuring tasks are properly allocated amongst the workforce and executed with precision.
- Manage each aspect of budget and expense control to meet or exceed all budget and productivity performance guidelines and benchmarks.
- Directs the efforts of the Maintenance Technician to ensure all components of the facility are functioning properly; coordinate and oversee equipment and facility PMs/repair.
- Directs the efforts of the Receiving Supervisor and vendors to schedule delivery appointments.
- Verify accurate BOLs, BBDs, and quantities on deliveries.
- Support all processes and accuracy involved with receiving in Netsuite.
- Ensure proper receipt, reconciliation, distribution and shipment of all merchandise to the appropriate customers
- Directs the efforts of the Quality Supervisor to monitor condition of product at receipt and during time in our fulfillment center to ensure best possible quality to customers.
In tandem with Quality Supervisor, assure that Production has all necessary items prepped to prevent stoppage of pack lines.
- Directs the efforts of the Inventory Manager to ensure cycle counts and audits goals are met, inventory both on and offsite are accurate, and appropriate inventory levels are onsite when needed.
- Partner with Inventory Manager to modify facility processes to reduce shrink and shorts.
- Equipment certification training and tracking.
- Coordinate with onsite IT Manager the installation, configuration, and maintenance of hardware, software, and network systems.
- Partner with the HR and Talent team to develop talent pool
- Partner with Regional EHS Manager to ensure all safety policies are being followed.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5+ years operations experience, fulfillment, or distribution environment
- Aptitude for equipment operation and troubleshooting
- Strong management skills with ability to supervise multiple teams
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to effectively communicate and respond to concerns of managers and associates
- Excellent writing, statistical, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work off shifts and weekends as needed and/or requested
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous and fast paced environment
- Comfortable working in a refrigerated environment (36 degrees and below).
- Ability to operate WH equipment (forklift, pallet jacks, cherry pickers, etc.).
- Regular work with computers, including WMS, G Suite and Excel.
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Ability to walk, bend, squat, climb, reach, and kneel.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 60 pounds.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Annual Misfits grocery box credit of $1200 paid in weekly installments
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick days
- Commuter benefits
For CA applicants, please see here for Misfits Market's Job Applicant Privacy Notice" with the link