Misfits Market is a mission-driven, high-growth startup dedicated to reducing food waste and making shopping for sustainable, high-quality groceries easier and more affordable. We deliver organic produce, high-quality meats and seafood, plant-based proteins, dairy, bakery, wine, and other grocery items to nearly every zip code in 48 states at up to 30 percent off traditional grocery store prices. In 2023, Misfits Market acquired sustainable e-grocer Imperfect Foods and now leverages its in-house transportation network to deliver directly to consumers with one of the most carbon-efficient grocery delivery models on the market. By tackling inefficiencies in the food system, our passionate and motivated team of problem solvers helps save an average of 500,000 pounds of food per week from waste or lesser outcomes, with an all-time savings of 190+ million pounds of food.
As Misfits we support our customers and mission by embracing our core values of:
Prioritizing our Customers
Moving deliberately and quickly
Doing more with less
Respecting one another
Taking initiative and delivering
What we will do for you:
- Company van will be provided for the delivery routes
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Competitive Hourly Wages $18.00/hr.
- Be comfortable working in a 35 Degrees Warehouse
- Be able to stand for 8+ hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodations
- Be able to do repetitive lifting, squatting, kneeling, pulling, pushing with or without reasonable accommodations
- Work in a fast paced work environment
- Excited about learning new skills within the warehouse
- Want to grow with Misfits Market
- Load 53 foot trailers while utilizing a forklift
- Secure load as well as unload return items from trailer
- Clean and organize materials for production such as palletizes
- Organize and process recyclable
- Effectively communicates with all co-workers while still embodying our values.
- Provides employees guidance on how to properly perform their task.
- Support and follow direction from all managers and supervisors and complete tasks with minimum supervision
- Responsible for the performance and productivity of their team
- Train new employees on standard operating procedures, Safety guidelines, and GMP
- Report any potential safety hazards or repair needs to supervisor or management
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations to include wheel chocks and trailer stand
- Communicate with other cross-functional departments in order to collaborate and solve problems
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be supplemented at any time with or without notice.