Business Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 7, 2023
We are building the future of freight
Mothership's groundbreaking technology is unlocking the world's potential by making freight delivery more efficient. Started in 2017, we're backed by some of venture capital's best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today's most innovative companies.
Our mission is to provide reliable, lightning-fast logistics, powered by the best technology and delivered by the most helpful humans.
We're looking to add six Business Development Representatives to our growing team. As a BDR, you'll help expand customer revenue by performing cold call outreach to identify opportunities, and qualifying leads to build a strong top of the funnel. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is fueled by winning. You don't talk about your abilities or brag about your numbers, they speak for themselves and you're happy to teach your techniques and strategies to others.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a high-performing team of innovators leading the disruption of a $100+ billion dollar tech-starved industry. This role, however, is not for everyone. You must have a passion for solving complex problems with innovative solutions. You must be the kind of person who thrives on not being told what to do, and finds satisfaction in identifying and solving problems in real time.
What You’ll Do
- Build a strong top of funnel through cold calling, email and creative sales tactics
- Deeply research each target to identify key decision makers, listen intently and rely on facts; not your ability to be salesy or convincing
- Quickly identify and qualify leads to hit high volume targets
- Qualify new customers and opportunities through effective playbook strategies
- Follow-up on inbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities
- Set appointments for our Account Executives when a lead reaches a qualified stage
- Partner with operations and product to create and deliver new solutions
- Ability to thrive when given autonomy and has a zero-quit mentality
- Effective time management, highly organized, detail-oriented and data-driven
- Strong work ethic, sense of urgency, and accountability
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, listening and presentation skills
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, commission plan, and the opportunity to earn employee stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance coverage (PPO)
- Flexible paid time off
- Short-term disability coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, productive, and collaborative group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to, let’s chat.