Director of Communications
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2023
We are building the future of freight
Mothership's groundbreaking technology is unlocking the world's potential by making freight delivery more efficient. Started in 2017, we're backed by some of venture capital's best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today's most innovative companies.
Our mission is to provide reliable, lightning-fast logistics, powered by the best technology and delivered by the most helpful humans.
As the Director of Communications, you'll assume a crucial role in formulating and implementing our public relations strategy, strategically contributing to the enhancement of sales and the achievement of broader company objectives. You'll be responsible for managing relationships with external media outlets, stakeholders, and influencers to secure positive coverage and increase brand awareness for Mothership. We're looking for a strategic thinker with a deep understanding of media relations, crisis communications, and reputation management.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a high-performing team of innovators leading the disruption of a $100+ billion dollar tech-starved industry. You must be the kind of individual who thrives on finding optimal solutions in a changing landscape, and finds satisfaction in identifying and solving complex problems in real time. If you're a talented and endlessly curious person who is passionate about public relations, we'd love to hear from you. Join our team and help us build the future of freight at Mothership.
What You'll Do
- In partnership with sales teams, you will use PR as a lever to help increase Motherships brand awareness, influence lead generation, and increase sales conversion through external validation
- Develop a compelling company brand voice, tone, and story that resonates with both customers and carriers, and communicates Mothership’s unique value proposition to the public
- Devise and implement a comprehensive PR strategy that aligns with Mothership’s business objectives and targets the appropriate media outlets and publications within our target industry verticals
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with key media contacts in order to secure high-impact press coverage
- Monitor and analyze trending media topics, news cycles, and social media conversations to stay ahead of the curve and identify opportunities for proactive PR outreach
- Create compelling case studies, white papers, and thought leadership pieces that showcase Mothership’s expertise and insights in the last-mile space and positions us as a go-to resource for industry stakeholders
- At least 5 years of experience in public relations, with a focus on logistics and supply chain management
- A portfolio of work that has proven results
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively to drive business objectives through logistics-related PR initiatives
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to develop and execute effective logistics-related PR campaigns from start to finish
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple logistics-related PR projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to communicate persuasively and clearly
- Bachelor's degree in a related field such as marketing, journalism, communications, or English preferred
- Accreditation by a professional society such as the Public Relations Society of America is desirable but not required
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary and employee stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance coverage (PPO)
- Flexible paid time off
- Short-term disability coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, productive, and collaborative group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to, let’s chat.