Senior Software Engineer II
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
We are building the future of freight
Mothership's groundbreaking technology is unlocking the world's potential by making freight delivery more efficient. Started in 2017, we're backed by some of venture capital's best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today's most innovative companies.
Our mission is to provide reliable, lightning-fast logistics, powered by the best technology and delivered by the most helpful humans.
As a Senior Software Engineer II on our Financial Services Team, you’ll be responsible for developing, testing, and maintaining all systems that transact and report on money in and out of our marketplace. The ideal candidate has extensive experience building financial systems, including payment processing services like Stripe and ERP software like NetSuite.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a high-performing team of innovators leading the disruption of a $100+ billion dollar tech-starved industry. You must be the kind of person who thrives on finding optimal solutions in a changing landscape and finds satisfaction in identifying and solving complex problems in real time. If you're a talented and endlessly curious engineer who is passionate about financial system innovation, then we'd love to hear from you. Join our team and help us build the future of freight at Mothership.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to gather requirements for ERP system customization and integration
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external vendors to implement system upgrades, enhancements, and integrations
- Maintain and optimize financial systems to ensure efficient operation
- Provide technical support to finance team members and end-users
- Develop and maintain documentation of financial processes, procedures, and system configurations
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to financial systems, applications, and software
- Test and debug ERP system modules and integrations
- Perform regular data audits to ensure data accuracy and completeness
- Stay current with emerging technologies and trends in finance and technology
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, computer science, or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in finance or IT-related roles
- Expertise in financial systems, applications, and software, including enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, accounting software, and financial reporting tools
- Experience in software development, programming, or scripting languages
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- EDI experience is beneficial, it is not required for the job
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary and employee stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance coverage (PPO)
- Flexible paid time off
- Short-term disability coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, productive, and collaborative group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to, let’s chat.
See more open positions at Mothership
Something looks off?