Full Stack Engineer - Seattle, WA | Full time
Full Stack Engineer
Muir AI is an early-stage startup on a mission to solve the world’s biggest problem: climate change. Our goal is to catalyze global emissions reductions at the gigaton scale – truly changing the course of the world’s climate.
To do this, we’re developing the climate intelligence engine for carbon emissions. By harnessing the latest AI and ML technologies, we’re fusing data from a diverse set of sources to gain unprecedented insights into corporate emissions. We empower companies to measure, track, and proactively reduce emissions across their supply chains, more rapidly, affordably and effectively than before. Using Muir’s outputs, companies take tangible steps towards confidently achieving their net-zero ambitions.
Are you someone who thrives on innovation, embraces complex challenges, and hungers to make a real difference for our world? If so, we’re looking for brilliant builders to join us in shaping the narrative of our planet’s future.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will be a key part of developing the Muir Intelligence Platform – our core application enabling users to understand and manage their corporation’s supply chain emissions like never before. You will bring your experience building across the stack to construct a scalable and reliable product that customers love, and accelerate our product development cycle, allowing us to iterate quickly, and adapt to customer and team feedback. As an early engineering hire, you will be influential in shaping the core architecture of the product and services, while also helping shape the norms and culture of the engineering team.
- Lead development of the Muir Intelligence Platform across the product lifecycle (build, test, deploy, maintain, update).
- Design and architect robust, scalable, and reliable backend and frontend applications, services, and APIs.
- Collaborate closely with data scientists, engineers, designers and leadership to develop the product and services that enable efficient carbon management.
- Integrate with 3rd party services and APIs seamlessly stream data to customers’ existing workflows.
- Proven experience developing across the product lifecycle, preferably at an early-stage startup.
- Experience contributing to architecture and design of new and current web applications, and exposure to technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- Familiarity with machine learning practices (ML expertise not required), quality and security coding practices, and standard lifecycle/project management tools.
- Proficiency with Python and React, or similar technologies.
- Experience building and deploying on AWS.
- Flexibility and a level of comfort with early-stage ambiguity.
- Bias for action and ability to quickly iterate are critical.
- Based in or willing to relocate to the Seattle area.
Muir believes that pay transparency is an important aspect of a fair hiring process. As such, we have included the following range which a candidate’s offered salary for this role will fall within. The range has been determined from market averages from similar positions at companies of similar sizes, stages and geographies. Final salary compensation within this band will be determined by the skills and experience of the candidate.
Base salary range: $125,000 - $165,000
In addition to base salary, Muir provides equity in the company as compensation. As we grow and have success, we want that success to be shared with our employees who help build our company. Defining an equity offer upfront is tricky, so we will share exact percentage details with candidates who advance to later stages of the interview process.
Please provide a CV and cover letter when applying.
Don’t meet every single requirement listed above? That's ok. If you’re excited about this role and our mission, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles at Muir.